Jambands.ca

We've Narrowed it Down....

Ms.Huxtable

I know I mentioned to some of you that Bouche and I are (or will be in 6 weeks when she's old enough to leave her mom) the proud new parents of a kitten. It's a female and she's grey and white.

We made a long list of names from Dead songs, Phish songs, nero songs, Beatles songs and other things of interest and have narrowed it down to three names.

1. Althea

2. Ms. Lizzy

3. Stash (or Stasha)

I like them all equally. HELP!!!! Which one should we choose?

I suggest letting the kitten decide: set up three litter boxes (e.g., in a triangle, so there's no "end"or "middle" to choose), each labelled with one of the names, and see which one gets used (or used the most) during litterbox training (or maybe the other way around: the two that get used most would obviously be the ones the kitten doesn't like, so choose the one used least).

If that doesn't work, I kind of like Althea.

Aloha,

Brad

Ohmygawd, she's soooo cute!

My in-laws have 2 three week olds, so I know where you're coming from Ms. Hux - one is the cutest red tabby you've ever seen. [Roll Eyes][smile]

As far as names go, my rule with cats is let them pick their name. Seriously - take the list of names you like and call to the cat using each one. It will respond more to one than the others.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Brad, as usual we have some weird synchronicity going on - we both posted at the same time that the cat should choose it's own name. Bizarre...

FYI, here's one of my guys, Darwin, at 7 weeks:

-

(He's almost 6 years now)

And if you want a real treat, check out my video of him!

So don't worry Ms. Hux - you're not the only one who gets overly excited about a new cat! [Wink]

- M.

I vote for Althea. One thing to keep in mind is all the variations on the name that will inevitably become nicknames... e.g. Ally, Thea

Brainstorm some nicknames for all three and it might help your decision.

One of my cats has a Dead name... Samson. We were gonna name the female Delilah but it didn't really fit her so we went with the non-music themed Cleo. She's also white and grey like your soon to be.

Have you considered getting two cats? They really keep each other company and aren't much more hassle than two (except double the vet bills!).

[smile] Cats [smile]

Ah Jeez! Settle down boys. And I believe the joke WAS made, however, gentleman that he was, it was deleted.

A la Tammy Wynett "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman..."

Okay so what do we have...

1. Althea - 4 votes

2. Ms. Lizzy - 1 vote

3. Stash - 1 vote

4 (new entry) Mullet - 3 votes

Ooooooh, what a little pookie! She looks just like a little Xena! (Fiona's and my resident Warrior Kitten). My vote is for Althea.

Rob Not Bob

PS They showed the classic Warner Brothers cartoon where the bulldog adopts the kitten on Saturday ... she looks so much like that little kitten.

Archived