Jambands.ca

New Year Eve Wish....

ggrtrhhrtgg

I wish for a puppy dawg!

seriously though...well, I really do want a puppy dawg, but we'd have to get a house first...so ok, I want a house and a puppy dawg.

ok, so I want things to continue as they are now. Wheels are spinning in good directions, my family is well, my friends are happy, I'm happy.

My wish for 2005 is to continue to follow my mother's advice and to hopefully play a song about it for my family and friends. Part of the song goes like this:

When I was a young boy

my momma asked me

"Son when you grow up

what do you want to be?"

I said "Mom,

a hockey star,

I want to skate, shoot, score

take my team very far."

She said "Son

listen to me,

there is one thing in life I want you to be ...

be happy

be happy

I want you to be happy

be happy

happy to be."

Wishing everyone much happiness for 2005!

Peace, Mark

well, after reading all the NYE posts, checking out the photos, and of course, having an amazing evening at PJC... I have to say that what I wish for is a whole lot of love that continues to be a characteristic of the people that lurk, inform, speak, and share here. I wish that we can all come together again at a show, or a festival, and continue to create those "unforgetable" memories that overshadow our worries and concerns from time to time. I don't fu©king care what anyone says--this fu©king community is really, really---GOOD! And I mean GOOD!

As in ALL GOOD!! happy newyear!! mon amis!

Hammocks! ...There's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There? That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact,they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

Homer: Oh, the hammock district.

Back to the hammocks, my friend. You know, there's a little place called Mary Ann's Hammocks. The nice thing about that place is Mary Ann gets in the hammock with you. [laughs]I'm just kidding.

Homer: Oh.

Hank: You know who invented the hammock, Homer?

Homer: No.

Hank: That's something for you to do. Find that out.

I think 2005 will be a year of learning for me. I hope to take a bunch of courses through my work to work towards advancement in the company and I've already signed up for drum lessons at the Folklore Center (thanks Bouche!)

I hope also to get back into music. It's been a pretty dry spell since Dr. Huxtable stopped playing together and I miss singing in the very depths of my soul. Hopefully something will happen.

I also hope that I'll have more time for friends. 2004 was spent saving for a house, moving into a house, fixing up the house and then enjoying the house. I ignored pretty much everything else.