Jambands.ca

remember that 1,420 calorie burger?

thatpatguy

dimafleck posted a thread about it here back in November..

anyway.. Hardee's ain't got nothing on this burger:

burger3_small.jpg

that's Denny's Beer Barrel Pub's 6-pound Ye Olde 96er. It sells for $23.95 and includes the following fixings and condiments:

Two whole tomatoes

A half-head of lettuce

12 slices of American cheese (what the hell is american cheese anyway?)

A full cup of peppers

Two entire onions

A river of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard

Denny's (not to be confused with the national chain restaurants of the same name) offers prizes for customers who can completely consume one of their big burgers within three hours: a T-shirt, certificate, and 50% discount for anyone who finishes a Challenger (2 lb. burger) within an hour; a T-shirt, certificate, and 100% discount for anyone who can polish off a Baby Boy (3 lb. burger) in 90 minutes or less; and something special for anyone who manages the unthinkable and puts away a whole 96er (6 lb. burger) in under three hours.

Most recently, a 19 year old college student from NJ (weighing in at a meager 115 pounds) actually completed the challenge (the first one to date). You can read about it here

And they wonder why everyone hates (or at least makes fun of) the States..

though I have to admit.. it does look good..

mmmmmmmmmmm... 6 pound burger

Guest Low Roller

No, no, this is good. We need more of these disturbingly huge and delicious burgers to flood the fast-food marketplace. With the exponential increase in beef consumption the Americans will be forced to accept Canadian beef to keep up with demands. We'd spit in it first of course.

I went out with a 100 lbs. girl who would stack a plate way high with food for each of us... we'd sit down to it, I'd take 2 or 3 bites and she'd be entirely done... used to freak me out until I learned how to do it too

the most recent 100 lbs.-ish girl I was kind of seeing wouldn't eat anything but meat... would order a burger and toss the bun, vegetables and fries and mow down only the burger (not particularly appealing to us vegan types, though I enjoyed having extra fries)

Oh my gosh do I love hamburgers. Bouche and I have started to eat bison burgers and they have SO much more flavor. (Sorry to those vegetabletarians out there).

Anywho, I'm about 120 pounds and can out-eat most people I know. It takes a lot of will power for me to portion control because I am NEVER full. I wonder if I could eat that monster! The only thing is I eat slowly, having to eat fast makes me sick.

"THe WOrks" has the FRANCO'S TRIPLE OVERTIME 3 of our 16 ounce "Overtime Stacks" topped with Colby Cheddar and Smokey BBQ Sauce - [color:"blue"] eat all 3 in 15 minutes & we'll buy the burgs & give you a Works Ball Cap!

That's basically 3 double burgers weighing in at 16 ounces of beef each. Now, order that as Organic Beef, and you've got yourself one expensive plate!

"THe WOrks" has the FRANCO'S TRIPLE OVERTIME 3 of our 16 ounce "Overtime Stacks" topped with Colby Cheddar and Smokey BBQ Sauce - [color:"blue"] eat all 3 in 15 minutes & we'll buy the burgs & give you a Works Ball Cap!

I'm in...I think I could do this!!!

That's basically 3 double burgers weighing in at 16 ounces of beef each. Now, order that as Organic Beef, and you've got yourself one expensive plate!