Jambands.ca

5 Disc Rotation...

CyberHippie

I love these threads... they always give me ideas about what I need to buy!! Or what to put on my own stereo next. I hope they do the same for others.

Bill Frisell - Blues Dream

Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic

St. Germain - Boulevard

Modern Lovers - Modern Lovers

The Bad Plus - Give

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a busy weekend...

Greyboy Allstars - A Town Called Earth

Kokolo Afrobeat Orchestra - More Consideration

Tony Allen - No Accomodation for Lagos / No Descrimination

Peter Tosh - Mama Africa

Ghana Soundz - Afro-beat, funk, and fusion in 70's Ghana

Toots & The Maytals - Funky Kingston / In The Dark

Antibalas - Liberation Afro-beat Vol 1

Rebirth Brass Band - ?

* Can't get enough of that Afro beat!

Here's some vinyl for ya ... some gems and a little hair rock too.

Ms. Evans the GF that is with me the Deeps...just dug up some of her vinyl from when she was a youngin' and we combined it with some of mine that I just bought to make this Easter hitlist.

CCR - Chronicles

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard

Bon Jovi - New Jersey (f'in right)

Travelling Wilbury's

Guest Low Roller

My musical flavour has been slowly morphing over the last year... Here is what's currently on rotation:

Madvillain- Madvillainy

Roots Manuva- Awfully Deep

and 6000 mp3s set to random :)

STS9- Seasons 01(disk2)

Garaj Mahal- Mondo Garaj

Derek Truck Band- Live at the Georgia Theatre (disc 1)

Nick Drake-Pink Moon

Umphrey's McGee- Anchor Drops

Speaking of Umphrey's... my buddy Armand who went to the Jam in the Dam... said that UM blew the roof off the place!

Currently:

Bruce Cockburn - 1993-08-28

Esau, you just tweaked this Cockburn freak - where does one find this? You don't know of a discrete repository of live Bruce, do you? That would fill up my 5-disc rotation pretty quickly ::.

This reminds me of something. I have some tapes (somewhere) of a Cockburn show I recorded in Kingston in 1997. If anyone has the technology and the willingness to do so, I would be happy to mail those master tapes to someone who will digitize them and provide them to me on CD or something.

(In fact, I probably have another 100 tapes or so of various shows that should also be digitized.) If anyone is interested in teaming up on this (BradM?) let me know. Don't accept this invitation, though, if you are going to be a slacker and just receive these tapes in the mail and never get around to digitizing. I don't want to lose this stuff permanently.

(This has been on my mind, lately, because I just dug up a copy of a show from the NAC in Ottawa by a Zappa-cover band called Dangerous Kitchen, and after listening to them on a cassette-walkman for the first time in about 10 years I realized that I should be doing something about digitizing this stuff.)

sm.

Dr_Evil_Mouse

I come across alot of Bruce on EZTorrent,haven't see alot latley but they pop up from time top time.I have two complete shows currently and one thats not a complete due to a bad file.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/Esau

I could hook you up with them if you want both are A quality.

StoneMtn,

Also,I do alot of transfers from cassette to CDR,most of the Fat Cats shows from the earlier days are taken from 1st gen cassettes,give one a listen if your wondering on quality.I'd be more then happy to transfer that Bruce show for you.

StoneMtn,

Also,I do alot of transfers from cassette to CDR,most of the Fat Cats shows from the earlier days are taken from 1st gen cassettes,give one a listen if your wondering on quality.I'd be more then happy to transfer that Bruce show for you.

Really???? Esau, you and BradM are clearly my first choices for doing this. That is so cool that you are willing.

I am going to find those tapes and put them in the mail to you ASAP! I also want to go through my old tapes, and see what I have that really needs digitizing. (I'll try to keep it to a minimum.) I'll then bug ya again and see if you are motivated to digitize some more.

Thanks brotha!