Jambands.ca

i need a heady vacation location...

dancingbear

I've been lotsa places in the last year,Dominican,Spain,Virgin Islands,Greece,Bc

If ya wanna go someplace tropical...i highley recommend the BRITISH virgin islands, that place is amazing, the fun never stopped during my entire stay, beautiful scenerey, the locals are amazing people, lots to do!! Tofino beach on the Island in Bc too, if ya wanna hit up a canadian vacation spots, hands down for me my favorite spot in canada!! Surfing,music,women,Everything ya could want for a Heady getaway!

Cambodia... visit Angkor Wat (and all the surrounding temples) near the city of Siemreap while you can. Beautiful country, friendly people, cheap prices - and on the opposite side of the penninsula from tsunami damage.

angkor%20wat.JPG

Take the boat across Tonle Sap and down the river to visit Phnom Penh and see more cool stuff (beautiful palaces, temples, French colonial architecture, and monkeys that hoot at you), and some scary stuff (like the Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng torture compound).

20040603-0060small.jpg

Go to Happy Herb's (on the riverbank in Phnom Penh) for a pizza. Order it "extra happy". :) :)

cambodia.gif

I'd second the south east asia vote.

New Zealand is on my list.

Eastern Europe for some absinthe.

My next trip was looking like a Mexico / Belize combo...

But man, I have to admit, 3 weeks in May/June for me would mean tour. Do a west coast run with somebody. Or a down south run culminating at Bonnaroo. Time to check out some Panic man! Or Dark Star is playing around then I think...

hey dincinbear,

if you have any more time off in november, let's go here... I'm a thinkin about it:

JOIN EKOOSTIK HOOKAH IN CANCUN, MEXICO IN NOVEMBER 2005!

All packages include round trip air from Columbus, Ohio, 7 nights hotel at a 4 star resort on the beach, airport transfers, and three private ekoostik hookah shows exclusively for package buyers. All-inclusive packages will also be available. Sign up for SchwaMail to receive a special Mexico 2005 announcement. Travel Packages on sale soon.

http://www.ekoostik.com

that would be wild!

Bokonon, Greece is the most amazing place i have ever been too, soo much history you can feel it in the air when you step off the plane!! I went there last january for a month, my mom got married there so iwent for the wedding, my stepfather is a greek! The church it was in so was soo old, i never got an exact date but very very old, amazing architecture!!Definetley plan to have an extended visit, i spent most of my time in athens where my step fathers family lives, but i gotta say if ya go check out aliakmonas area, very beautiful its northern near the coast, very beautiful beaches awsome cities,just a cool all around place! Ya gotta check out the parthanon too, it was breathtaking, i got a real erie feeling almost from it!! All the ruins gave me that though!!Acheloos is also an amazing area, lots to do, beaches,clubs, lotsa live greek music all over, which i couldnt understand but sh!t they could play!!

Its definetley a place i'll be going back to for sure!! Oh and if ur into jewlery,especially gold, lotsa of that, beautiful stuff, and soooo cheap it crazy!!

Anyways i've gone on enough!! you just gotta check it out for yourself!! Its an experience for sure!

Brazil is an awesome place to visit - try checking out a smaller beach town like Buzios, rather than a huge city.

Eastern Europe is great, especially is you're looking for an inexpensive vacation. You could live like a king in Romania for less than 20 dollars a day. And they have beach resorts on the east coast. Can't remember the towns' names exactly, but i think there's a few named after greek gods, like Jupiter and stuff.

And I'll second the BVI's - sooo much nicer than the USVI, much less crime, and even nicer if you can get around on a yacht.

I look forward to some day getting back to the south of India - Kerala, especially. Tropical climate, dense forests, long canals, and dazzling beaches, friendly laid back people (hardly any of the hustle of the north), the food (!), garlands of jasmine in the women's hair, and, of course, devastatingly good music.

My favorite destinations by category:

SUN:

Fiji (Fuji for some)

Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam are the places I hit)

MOUNTAINS:

Nepal (amazing! maybe not safe now, not sure)

Bolivia

CULTURE:

Spain (good for sun too, especially the south)

Japan

PLACES I HAVE YET TO VISIT, BUT ON MY LIST:

East Europe (been to Croatia but that doesn't really count)

China

Cuba

EKOOSTIK HOOKAH IN CANCUN, MEXICO IN NOVEMBER 2005!

Playa Del Carmen is about 45 minutes to an hour south of Cancun on hwy 307. I'm moving there for a few months next winter. Still relatively cheap although the tourist industry is really starting to pick up. Check it out before it's another Daytona Beach! Ew!