Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

I just made a post wherein half of my post was cut out, although it was right there on the screen before I sent it.

That is happening to me also Marc0,even with without swearing.Almost always happens when I use the quick reply and once in awhile when I use the regular reply option.I found when I went back to edit the post that everything I originally wrote was there but when I submitted the reply again it wasn't.

So I added .... in front of each sentence and it all appeared the next time.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when I tried to search something the first time it asked me to try again in 22 seconds. When I tried again a few minutes later, it asked me to try again in 11 seconds...then 2 seconds. Then it went to a white "Service Error" screen. The cavern still worked fine, but the search was on the fritz. Don't really care (as I don't search all that much), but just thought you'd like to know.

hey bouche, is there any way you could let all our nasty curse words go un-censored in private topics?

oh, and i had that same text-chopping thing happen when i posted in a private topic, but it wasn't just the ends of the lines, it was entire sentences. there might have been a couple of expletives in there... either way, it encouraged me to pick up the phone like a normal human :o ah, sweet progress.

Once again, please just refrain from using the more descriptive swear words until the filter can be fixed.

It might be a little cleaner now though. I changed up some of the logic, but there likely is still an issue with the filter. let's see... FUCK... seems like it's a little fucking better

A couple of minor things Mikey...

1. I unchecked the "visible online" button, but still show up in the Users Online.

2. What happened to the Watchtower? I realize I was the only one using it, but damned if I didn't have a ton of east coast shows entered in.

Once again, please just refrain from using the more descriptive swear words until the filter can be fixed.

It might be a little cleaner now though. I changed up some of the logic, but there likely is still an issue with the filter. let's see... FUCK... seems like it's a little fucking better

........hahaha too fuggin funny....the trailer park episode has been in my head too reading all this about the....fucking.....swearing....I bet the filter doesn't catch swearing in other languages. what bunch of foul mouthed, beer shwillin canadians we are....I went through a good 5 year phase of no swearing but for now I'm in a swearing phase. I blame world politics and Global warming for this current phase.

hey bouche, how do i invite someone else into a private topic? right after the changeover, one of the options was to "invite someone else in." now the only option i get is to get myself out....

sorry to be complaining, this really is a fabulous thing. i can't imagine how much free time i must have had before mark tonin turned me on to this place :)

I like how putting your cursor over the thread topic makes a little pop-up box with some of the message in it.. This got me thinking: You know the little arrow thing to the left of the thread name, that you click on to go to the newest post on the thread that you haven't read yet, right? Could you make it so that when you put your cursor over that arrow thingy, there is a pop up that shows some of the newest message? Know what I'm sayin?? Might be more trouble than its worth, but it would be kinda cool.

A couple of minor things Mikey...

1. I unchecked the "visible online" button, but still show up in the Users Online.

2. What happened to the Watchtower? I realize I was the only one using it, but damned if I didn't have a ton of east coast shows entered in.

Esau is correct. I did check to see if I there was a personlization setting for users online, but there isn't. I could edit the template to remove it, but that would be permanent for everyone.

The Watchtower can be available...but it is sitting in the old site design. I guess if everyone can live with the mismatch of the old and new, I could link it up. The plan is to rework the watchtower sometime in the future, and possibly just create an XML file out of it that I can feed into the main portal page.

I like how putting your cursor over the thread topic makes a little pop-up box with some of the message in it.. This got me thinking: You know the little arrow thing to the left of the thread name, that you click on to go to the newest post on the thread that you haven't read yet, right? Could you make it so that when you put your cursor over that arrow thingy, there is a pop up that shows some of the newest message? Know what I'm sayin?? Might be more trouble than its worth, but it would be kinda cool.

That's a good suggestion, I'll pass that along. However, I think that it might add too much querytime and bandwidth to each page request.

I seem to get logged out on a semi-regular but random basis (like at least once a day, sometimes more, but not at any particular time or time-pattern). At first I thought that it might be because I'd been logged on but inactive for x-amount of time, but that's not it, either.

Not really a huge problem, but I'm curious to know if this is happening to others as well, or if there is a particular reason for this (other than that no one really wants to hear what I have to say anyway).

Here's what it's tellin' me boss. "The following problems were found with this form: The avatar was not uploaded. Often this is because the avatar upload directory is not writable on the server. Notify the site administrator of the issue." I've tried uploading from my computer. I've tried hosting with imageshack. It's not the image either because I've tried dozens. So what am I doing wrong.

Here's what it's tellin' me boss. "The following problems were found with this form: The avatar was not uploaded. Often this is because the avatar upload directory is not writable on the server. Notify the site administrator of the issue." I've tried uploading from my computer. I've tried hosting with imageshack. It's not the image either because I've tried dozens. So what am I doing wrong.

Can't you use the linking method? Uploading is definately not working at the moment. Also, imageshack doesn't allow linking....or does it?

I seem to get logged out on a semi-regular but random basis (like at least once a day, sometimes more, but not at any particular time or time-pattern). At first I thought that it might be because I'd been logged on but inactive for x-amount of time, but that's not it, either.

Not really a huge problem, but I'm curious to know if this is happening to others as well, or if there is a particular reason for this (other than that no one really wants to hear what I have to say anyway).

Did you check the little box that says "remember me" at login?

When you're inactive for a certain time period, your session will time out. However, I don't know if that affects your login persistance.

All I'm saying is that you can put the URL to your avatar in the URL box. Try it with Imageshack and see what happens. If it doesn't work, I think there are a few other free places that allow for hosting avatars.

I'm still waiting on a fix for the avatar upload thingy.