Jambands.ca

Big Summer Classic Schedule for Toronto

headygouda

FYI, my ticket from TM says doors @ 2pm, different than the BSC website, and would result in me missing UM!!

Get there early. Looks like 2 sets of cheese or a really long one! Anyone know the curfew on the island? 11pm perhaps?

From the BSC website:

doors 1:00pm

Umphrey's McGee - 2:00pm

Keller Williams - 3:30pm

Michael Franti & Spearhead - 5:00pm

Xavier Rudd- 6:30pm

The String Cheese Incident - 8:00pm

FYI, my ticket from TM says doors @ 2pm, different than the BSC website, and would result in me missing UM!!

Call TM. Send them an e-mail. Send them a letter. You paid some heavy service charges, and their "service" would result in you missing out on (some of) the music. This is unacceptable, and they need to be told about. Heck, tell BSC about it: BSC is using TM's services to get tickets to the fans, and the fans are getting screwed over by them.

Aloha,

Brad

Get there early. Looks like 2 sets of cheese or a really long one! Anyone know the curfew on the island? 11pm perhaps?

From the BSC website:

doors 1:00pm

Umphrey's McGee - 2:00pm

Keller Williams - 3:30pm

Michael Franti & Spearhead - 5:00pm

Xavier Rudd- 6:30pm

The String Cheese Incident - 8:00pm

So it looks like the old "lots of equipment/people" "less equipment people" break down eh... What I expected, but I would have thought Keller and Rudd would be switched.

Someone will know better then me, but I thought I heard earlier that the last ferry from the island left at 11pm or something. Which would make me think Cheese would be done encores and all by 10:30 at the latest - can't get everyone stuck on the island!

Well, I've known of this discrepancy for a while. In fact, the doors time at the BSC webpage used to say 12:30. I know TM got the show time mixed with doors, a BIG mistake. I should let TM know, hopefully, they'd send an email our to all the folks who bought online. For people like me who bought them in person though, thats just tough luck if you're not proactive about looking up times for yourself!

Sucks for UM though. It really will be empty for their set I think, which is too bad.

I also hope they have good food vending there or let us bring in food (unlikely). This is obviously a whole day event and we all need to eat. The thought of living off overpriced, shitty 'venue food' for the day makes me sick.

We should all be allowed to pack a picnic for the island.

From the toronto island ferry website:

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/island/summerschedule.htm#centre

Last one is at 11:45pm.

From olympicisland.com:

"The closest ferry dock to Olympic Island is the Centre Island dock. On the day of the show, there will be 3 boats operating on the route from the mainland to Centre Island. It takes about 7 minutes for the ferry to travel the route between the island and the city. Loading and unloading times vary with the number of passengers."

I wonder if that means there will be 3 boats operating at 11:45 ??!?!

I also hope they have good food vending there or let us bring in food (unlikely). This is obviously a whole day event and we all need to eat. The thought of living off overpriced, shitty 'venue food' for the day makes me sick.

We should all be allowed to pack a picnic for the island.

this is my EXACT concern. I don't remember where I read it, but apparently "they" are NOT letting folks bring in food. As to whether the organizers have thought to provide food for sale is still unknown. The island(s) themselves have one snack bar (on Ward's Island) and a small cafe (also Ward's) that I know of. Other than that, the only option is overpriced junk food at the Centre Island amusement park.

I've been asking everyone I know if they know anyone who lives on the island--or anywhere where we could stash a cooler of decent food.

anyone....? anyone....?

hah, I had a muffin I tried to bring into the Amp one time and the guy wouldn't let me. So I told him I had diabetes and had to bring it in. He wanted to see my medic alert bracelet, which of course I didn't have. Then he wanted to see my insulin, which of course I didn't have. After much argueing with him, he finally let me bring it in. But fuck, you'd think I was trying to smuggle in dynamite or something...

Bouche, I usually claim to be Celiac (high gluten intolerance) whenever there are the usual venders (pizza, etc). You can't eat their nasty white bread.

Corn, soy, dairy, peanuts and pork are some of the top allergies though. I find this little lie works better than saying you are diabetic, etc. Usually a medic alert bracelet isn't required. However, don't be a dumbass and claim a nut allergy and try to sneak in celery and almond butter. Get your lies, errrr, facts straight. ;)

P.S. If you're planning on sneaking eats into "that place" tomorrow, I think they may be onto you now. :P

Olympic Island is rocking a new website with a picture of the Cheese taboot. Check out the venue info:

What NOT to bring

Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or motorized vehicles of any kind

Pets (except for service animals)

Weapons or firearms of any kind

Fireworks or incendiary devices

Illegal substances

Alcoholic beverages

Glass or plastic bottles of any kind

Generators

Food or drinks

Video / Audio Recording or Playback Devices

SLR (single lens reflex) cameras

Large format digital cameras

Focused-light devices (laser pens)

Lawn furniture

Umbrellas

Airhorns

What to bring

One (1) sealed plastic bottle of water.

Small personal backpacks or fanny packs (subject to inspection at entrance to Concert Field)

Clothing for changing weather conditions (it will likely be cool at night!)

Raingear

Bug spray

Sunscreen

Hat

Ear plugs

Digital Cameras (under 5 megapixels)

Disposable Cameras

Point-and-Shoot Cameras

Medicine

If you bring disallowed items, please be advised that the security company, promoters and performers will not be responsible for any items confiscated during search procedures.

okay -- so I give the Celiac line, but what then I can I bring in that doesn't immediately show my lie is a fake? I wanted to bring pita & dips, or pre-made veggie burritos or something. KM -- what could I be allegic to and still eat that stuff?

and, btw, we never talked about this show --are you & Lacey going? (if not, you can imagine what my next question/favour will be....)

okay -- so I give the Celiac line, but what then I can I bring in that doesn't immediately show my lie is a fake? I wanted to bring pita & dips, or pre-made veggie burritos or something. KM -- what could I be allegic to and still eat that stuff?

I'll get back to you on the allergy stuff there sister. Let me do some research. I've been into the vodka for about 4 hours now. You probably don't want to take any advice that I'll be dishing out at this point.

and, btw, we never talked about this show --are you & Lacey going? (if not, you can imagine what my next question/favour will be....)

Hahaha! I would love to watch the girls. However, Lacey & I plan to tear the roof off this mother. ;) Sorry there sweets! But I'll see you there. Can't wait! :D

I am completely disappointed in seeing the order of the lie up for Toronto... of course I am excited to see all bands but the bands I was really hoping for Umphreys and Keller later in the day... I was anticipating maybe catching Xavier Rudd set do to frisbee golf/ doobie commitments... I really wasnt expecting this at all... guess ill be raging from the get go... I hope the Umph boys can get up for a gig like this ...