Jambands.ca

Holy Crap What a Day!!!

Ms.Huxtable

So I said it plenty today, but CONGRATULATIONS SWEETY!

Ms.Hux said to me 'I get to buy lined paper!' and I pointed out that they don't make paper anymore!

I'm very excited for her. You guys have no idea what kind of a glow is coming off of her today. It's almost like she won the lottery and didn't tell me. It really seems to me that already being part of Minto is a really huge deal as a design student. The networking part will be EASY as pie, and she is already well known. I've seen how the bigwigs in toronto speak to her. She's going places!

It's wise to take advantage of 'the student' now, because when she's done, she may get her own show on TV.

Headymamma...giving your house a 70's look is only going back about 4 or 5 years in terms of design. I suggest heading back to the 50's or 60's ;)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. A less abbrasive, less makes-you-wanta-punch-something Martha Stewart.

I'm not Guigsy, and his experience may be different, but in mine: about 10% (20% in some classes) of students use laptops rather than paper and pen. They seem to usually get distracted by the pervasive wireless internet accessibility [think jambands.ca in class ... bad news!]. And while it is an informal survey, girls seem to talk less to the guys with the laptops than the guys with the paper. FWIW.

yeah, definitely pen and paper - when i went to buy a binder and some paper, i got the last pack of Hilroy Lined Paper, 200 sheets! (my notes better not take more than 200 sheets!). so, at least some of the kids must still be using it.

also, side note, for old time sake, i skipped class last nite. (was only the 2nd class of the course - we're off to a good start!). not something i recommend, but at least it helped me feel more at home in semi-student-life again. ;)

way to go sister... i've only been out of school for a year and a bit and i miss it. it takes alotta balls to go back when you've been out of the groove for awhile, so all the more kudos to you for knowing what you want (something i still wish-wash about) and going for it. you strong like BULL!!! honestly, your walkin the walk is something to be admired.

all the best to you! and help me do something with my apt, it's BARE! ;)

Many of you know the personal struggle I have been going through for the last couple of years as I sit behind this desk day in and out dealing with people's petty problems and travelling this endless road to nowhere. I've been down in the dumps about the future of my career for quite a while now.

Today I did something about it. I registered into part-time studies at Algonquin College for

Residential Decor. 5 years from now, I WILL be a Designer instead of just wishing I was. Hehehehe.

sounds good sharon, very happy for you

looking forward to your big t v show,it,s a very good step to take who knows where it will take you

Not only that but I put in my resume to the Design Center at the company I've been with for the last four years. They said they're not hiring right now but commended my initiative and will call me if something comes available.

I feel hope people. My 30's are going to be GREAT! WOO HOO!! I feel good!

I came to hate the technology differential as an instructor - people coming up with their USB thingamagigs wanting to download the .ppt pics I'd just shown the rest of the class, just because they could afford to. Jesus, I'd think, pay attention, and dig this stuff up on your own, like I had to.

so every one is not as smart as you

off the topic a bit dr_rat

Many of you know the personal struggle I have been going through for the last couple of years as I sit behind this desk day in and out dealing with people's petty problems and travelling this endless road to nowhere. I've been down in the dumps about the future of my career for quite a while now.

Today I did something about it. I registered into part-time studies at Algonquin College for

Residential Decor. 5 years from now' date=' I WILL be a Designer instead of just wishing I was. Hehehehe.

sounds good sharon, very happy for you

looking forward to your big t v show,it,s a very good step to take who knows where it will take you

Not only that but I put in my resume to the Design Center at the company I've been with for the last four years. They said they're not hiring right now but commended my initiative and will call me if something comes available.

I feel hope people. My 30's are going to be GREAT! WOO HOO!! I feel good!

[/quote']

didn,t work again oop,s i guess i don,t pay attention so i,ll have to go to a

oh yah i want to be a pilot with the snowbird,suppose that is too big of a step for the beautifull one with the beige coat?don,t think so as you can do what ever you want to do a lot of hard work but well worth it

oh forgot i am a miget, maybe they have small plane,s for us ,suppose?

hey Sharon, congrats on pushing yourself forward and I wish you the best of luck.

My wife Nat is a graduate of the Interior Design program at Algonquin and now works for foreign affairs. She started in the design division but is currently a logistics officer. All that to say, if you learn lots and apply yourself in school there are lots of avenues that will be open to you beyond the obvious design type jobs.

Also, if you ever have any questions I'm sure Nat would be more than happy offer answers and thoughts (I love to volunteer my wife for stuff :) )

Anyway.. good on ya man!

Remember this, Ms. Hux: If you're not having fun doing something, you should be learning from it. If you're not learning from it and it's still not fun, then just don't do it. Which is why high school was the best seven years of my life -- well, that and ... uhh... hmmm. Sorry, impaired memory thing.

Good luck in your new studies -- learn and have fun! And keep us up to date!!