Jambands.ca

Fried Egg Sandwiches.

peipunk

My "egg sandwich" recipe involves making something resembling an omelette (small skillet, diced onions, and maybe diced tomato, and/or bell pepper, and/or garlic, sauteed for a while, into which is poured two beaten eggs; let it cook until completely done, not creamy, then put on shredded cheese, and/or schredded deli meat, with herbs [oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper]; fold in half, then onto the plate), with added ketchup, served on toast (folded into single-slice sandwiches).

I've also given up on the grilled cheese sandwich. I tend to put a lot of stuff in mine (sliced onions, sliced tomato, deli meat) beyond the cheese, and turning them over wasn't really working, so I realized that the UK term for "grilled cheese" is actuall "toasted cheese", and I had an inspiration: I just layer up the sandwich, and put it in the toaster oven (on the rack, no tray) on "toast". It's also a lower-fat solution, as I don't use any oil/margarine/butter on the bread.

Aloha,

Brad

franks red hot is like water compared to that gold

I got a bottle of Franks a few weeks back out of curiosity and after finding out how bland it was have relegated it to the back of the cupboard. Best hot sauce I've had recently was TomFoolery's dad's - mm mm mm.

I've tended lately to avoid foods that don't go well with a blisteringly good hot sauce. Fried egg sammitches - spot on!

Rooster sauce = sriracha.

It is great in soups, scrambled eggs and definitely the fried egg sandwich.

A little tip from a friend of mine: Butter a metal mason jar ring and drop your egg in there. two drops of water and then put the flat metal piece over the top. You end up with egg mcmuffin-shaped eggs.

I prefer no bacon, just egg, old cheddar, tomato on multigrain.

has anyone heard of this 'delicacy' (and what it's called?), I've had one made for me once or twice...

take a slice of bread and cut a circle out of the middle...(with a juice glass or an OJ can or somesuch thing), slather the bottom side with butter, start to fry it up and as it's sizzling, drop an egg into the hole.

weird, but yummy with ketchup.

Second question: how many folks here eat eggs with ketchup? I've frequently drawn "eeewws" from on-lookers when doing so. But I can't imagine eggs sans that sugary-processed tomatoee goodness