Jambands.ca

jambands.ca FUNdraiser show Sat. Jan. 28 Kitchener

mark tonin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great seein ya there Willy..although wish I would have gotten a change to see ya more...along with alot of others ...was it just me or did others feel lost in the sea... i felt really spaced out in my own head that night..so its prolly just me :P

parties like that just don't happen often enough! :) what great group of people! :)

ps. Julie's store is AWESOME!

Edited by Guest

Well that was a great time. Was well Worth the drive, thank you!

Man the time Flew By!

If I could remember Most of the night that would be So Great. But i can't What i can remember is A short little Slide show of memory's. And waking up with out a hang over which is Soo Wierd.

It was So Great to See all the Familiar Faces. Great to Remember more names then the last time I saw y'all. Everyone looked to be in Great Health and Good spirit. Which is one of my favorite things when I see all ya.

Great tunes.

Guigsy, thanks, that picture is amazing buddy, I wish I had remembered that at the show so I could have set ya up with a few beers, next time we cross path my friend.

Cheers

Hey Guigs....now that Esau's got everyone that wasn't there's interest peaked....could you please post an image of your shot to the gallery? I have got to see this.

sounds like everyone had a blast. Is there more pictures? I likes to see what i missed at least :(

me too!

sidenote: shady grove is a reallly nice store, last time i was there, she had this little wooden coffeetable with the most amazing jerry face burnt into the top, just amazing quality

Hey Skanks,

Thanks for coming out in a big way to make the FUNdraiser such a successful event on so many levels. We definitely had some fun while raising some funds for the jambands.ca community.

Although it is difficult to calculate exactly how many people attended the event, we had between 400 and 500 people there, including paying customers, band members, volunteers, and guests.

The event raised approximately $2100 after expenses. The plan is to put this money back into the jambands.ca community, in order to help this web site and community become bigger and more vibrant than it already is. Bouche, Keri and I will be discussing different alternatives for using this money, and ultimately bouche will make the call as to how to use the funds.

Thanks again to everyone who supported this event and helped to make it so successful!

Peace, Mark

Ya, great time......thanks Bacon and Tonin for putting this on - good chunck of money raised ta boot!! Great music and people! Mud and I LOVE the bowl we won!

I was drunk and obnoxious......so my apologies to anyone I knocked into or offended. Including;

Scwa & Thognor - for being loud and obnoxious at your after-party - bad guest!!

Tigger and Sherry - for moshing into you instead of dancing with you - bad space invader!!

Summer - for taking your beer out of your hands and drinking it near the end of the night - bad friend!!

Oh, there's probably more but I can't remember. I"m going to shower up and have a way better game face next time!

The event raised approximately $2100 after expenses. The plan is to put this money back into the jambands.ca community, in order to help this web site and community become bigger and more vibrant than it already is.

I recommend putting it into a 30-year GIC (or similar long-term investment instrument), earmarked as the "Mark Tonin Hip Replacement Fund", thus allowing the infectious shakin' of his booty to continue well into (and beyond) his (and our) 70s. :)

Aloha,

Brad

Good times, loved it. Hope the shows keep happening. I think by the end of the night everyone was feeling a bit intoxicated by music/booze/ psychadelics or all of the above. Great vibe......evryone that attended should be commended

Gotta say that What the Thunder Said sounded pretty fly!

Wow, another great night of fun and debauchery!!! Big thanks to all involved for putting on the best night so far at the Lanc (hope they got the stank out of the place before the regulars took over again!!) Some notables:

"Chairman" Mark Tonin & Backbacon: thanks for organizing a well-run, quality event and working all night to see it through. I would be honoured to help out in any way I can to make the NEXT ONE as great as last Saturdays party. You know the routine Mark, If you don't call me, I'll end up calling you

TungGruuv & DieselDoug: sound guys never get the credit that they deserve. You guys both took on a difficult challenge in trying to make this event a "sound" success. You both exceeded my expectations of how well the Lanc can sound, both upstairs and down. I checked out both rooms during the evening and heard nothing but praise for how good it sounded. Thanks for going above and beyond your efforts were appreciated!

VVi!!y & "That other guy upstairs I didn't get to meet" : We all saw you in the corner getting it all stuffed into your computers. Hope the end result can capture the magic of the evening. Looking forward to hearing the final edits.

All of the bands: What can I say, all of them were great in my opinion. No matter what ANYONE says, (on this board, or elsewhere) all of the musicians put their hearts and souls into providing the best music that anyone can ask for. Keep up the great noise, and I look forward to sitting in on the tambourine with any of you, anytime. Wish I could've gotten upstairs to tamb with the Fat Cats, but Superfly took me by surprise, and the tractor beam of funk that they were putting out held me in my place. Definately worth checking out if you missed them. Note to Diesel Dog: I've known you guys for 15+ years and each time I can jam with you, its an honour. Not only are you my favorite band, but you are my best friends. Here's to the next 15 years and beyond. Thanks!

Geomouse: The lights made the night downstairs. More for next time!

All of the Skank family: We are on in this together, keep your lights shining. How is it that we can all seem to get together and there is no bullshit (fights, stabbings, shootings) and everyone just enjoys the music?? We are a friendly crew and I love being part of it. See you all again soon

Anyone who came out and didn't know about jambands.ca or any of the bands: Thanks for being adventurous enough to try something new. Some times you "just gotta poke around"

MaxWebster and the keepers of the "Mangle Manor Motor Inn": Didn't think that many people could fit into one place (where's the basement??) The cops took the wind out of the sails but it didn't keep the boat from rockin' well into the early hours. Give me a PM Max, I think I can find a way of contributing to the "noise fund".

Hope I'm not forgetting anything or anybody. I had a great time enoying the show as well as helping out where I could. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next event.

Floyd

PS:

Mabsy: You got my beer at the end of the night too!! Don't worry, I'll get you back.

Tigger: Give me a PM and we'll hook up. Didn't realize you lived so close.

Esau: true warrior, straight plower. Glad to see you up this way my friend!

I just wanted to say thanks. It was great seeing some old faces and meeting some new old faces and some new new faces.

I was lucky enough to win a CD package at the event. Great music thanks a lot.!! Apparently I signed my name to a ticket, I really don't remember doing such a thing but I'm glad I did.

Thanks to Del for the pre and post party. Thanks to the motel we stayed in too, for not calling the cops and letting us stay until, well you kicked us out in the end, but thanks anyway. lol

Hope to see you all again soon.

This kind folk was at home, asleep. After the previous two weekends (not to mention stuff happening during the week), I simply could not face a long drive (assuming I could find a ride) from Ottawa to K/W, then partying well into the night/morning, then very little sleep, then a long drive back. My system was a lot better off staying in, doing very little, and resting up.

Aloha,

Brad