Jambands.ca

Question - Sisters Euclid w/ Dave Lauzon in Ottawa

bouche

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, to bring it back to less puerile subject matter, can'o'phish and are going to have to figure out how best to have this taped. Since both acts are instrumental, stage micing would work for both (which is how c'o'p tapes SE, and also how I taped Lauzon), but a matrix of c'o'p on stage, and me in the audience, might also be good.

Aloha,

Brad

One Thing I've been wondering is how come no one tapes a feed frpm the board at mavericks? I'd love to hear a 3 part matrix.

please keep March 31st WIDE OPEN everyone!

I'd like to ask a supplemental question: if there were a jammish show happening (say, at Mavericks) the next night, Saturday, April 1, would there be enough residual energy in Friday night's attendees to make a show worthwhile? Would out-of-towners stick around for it?

Aloha,

Brad

One Thing I've been wondering is how come no one tapes a feed frpm the board at mavericks? I'd love to hear a 3 part matrix.

It's been tried (and I have a standing offer from their usual sound guy if I ever want a feed), but with less-than-stellar results, not so much in sound quality, but with glitchy connections. And honestly, I don't think a stage+aud+sbd matrix would be that much better than just a stage+aud matrix; heck, even aud sources at Mavericks can be pretty good.

Aloha,

Brad

I'd like to ask a supplemental question: if there were a jammish show happening (say, at Mavericks) the next night, Saturday, April 1, would there be enough residual energy in Friday night's attendees to make a show worthwhile? Would out-of-towners stick around for it?

Aloha,

Brad

I'm pretty sure I'll be zapped of energy from Friday night.

It's been tried (and I have a standing offer from their usual sound guy if I ever want a feed)' date=' but with less-than-stellar results, not so much in sound quality, but with glitchy connections. And honestly, I don't think a stage+aud+sbd matrix would be that much better than just a stage+aud matrix; heck, even aud sources at Mavericks can be pretty good.

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

I like aud + sbd because sometimes the crowd and room noise kind of muddy things up and on the flip side just a board feed sounds kind of flat and can be weird depending on the mix, therefore mixing the two kind of balances things out.

Is there a problem connecting to mavericks board? or is a problem with the 2 mix channels themselves?

Also, I would definately be up for two nights of music and it would make it easier to talk some other folks into coming up if it was for a weekend of music.

I'd like to ask a supplemental question: if there were a jammish show happening (say' date=' at Mavericks) the next night, Saturday, April 1, would there be enough residual energy in Friday night's attendees to make a show worthwhile? Would out-of-towners stick around for it?

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

if i were in town, and if this works out methinks i should be, then i would def look for a show the following night. gotta keep busy.

:)

I'm pretty sure I'll be zapped of energy from Friday night.

geez...you're gettin' more whiny and old man-ish every week, Bouche. Soon Sharon'll be trimming your frikken nose and ear hairs. (Hey, try it anyway, see if it gives you any more pep)

fackin' wuss! Yo' mama has more get up & go than you ever will!

disclaimer: if you're truly offended....uh, then Happy April Fool's Day!!!

I'd like to ask a supplemental question: if there were a jammish show happening (say' date=' at Mavericks) the next night, Saturday, April 1, would there be enough residual energy in Friday night's attendees to make a show worthwhile? Would out-of-towners stick around for it?

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

yes...I think out-of-towners would make a weekend of it. Unless of course it was some kind of prank - april fools day thing - in that case NO!

Well, I'd never joke about (or set up a prank involving) the date for a show*. It's just that April 1 this year is aligning well with a couple of other things (like it being a Saturday) that'd make for a good night to have a show, but only if people were up for two nights of festivities, as the Friday, March 31 Sisters Euclid + Dave Lauzon is the more "must-hear" (at least for my ears) of the two.

Aloha,

Brad

* Of course, that statement could be a lie, and part of a/the joke/prank. It's not, but, of course, this sentence could also be part of a/the joke/prank...