Jambands.ca

Earthquake!

phorbesie

Quake Rattles Ottawa - West Quebec

Josh Pringle

Friday, February 24, 2006 9:36 PM

There are no reports of injuries or damage after a "moderate" earthquake rattled Ottawa Friday night.

Natural Resources Canada says a magnitude 4.5 earthquake rattled the Capital Region at 8:39 pm.

The quake was centred in Thurso, Quebec.

Ottawa Police and the City of Ottawa say there are no reports of damage across Ottawa.

Seismologist Sylvia Hayek says the west Quebec area is a fairly active earthquake zone and quakes of this size are not uncommon.

Hayek says they've occurred about once every 10 years.

twice today, I thought of an earthquake happening...not that it was actually happening, but wondering what would happen. First time was at work around 3pm...felt a rattling in my chair (turns out that I just farted but had my headphones and couldn't hear it). Second time, I was putting some clothes away, set my beer down on my bedside table and thought, "If an earthquakes comes on right now, will my beer spill over?"

Then, just a couple of hours later, it actually happened....and I had no idea. Never felt a thing. My beer didn't even jiggle.

Our Neighbour Gil called and asked if we had felt the earthquake just 2 minutes before.

Of course, we noticed nothing. Watching a pre-recorded Jon Stewart and eating some sliced rib-eye on a bed of watercress, endive and anise, we missed the shake-rattle-and-roll.

Abbey didn't even notice. I think it went around our house.

twice today, I thought of an earthquake happening...not that it was actually happening, but wondering what would happen. First time was at work around 3pm...felt a rattling in my chair (turns out that I just farted but had my headphones and couldn't hear it). Second time, I was putting some clothes away, set my beer down on my bedside table and thought, "If an earthquakes comes on right now, will my beer spill over?"

Then, just a couple of hours later, it actually happened....and I had no idea. Never felt a thing. My beer didn't even jiggle.

Douglas...that was my morning smile!!! you're a funny lady, lady!!! I think I'll let you be my personal psychic, k?