Jambands.ca

Thunder Storms - Real ones no promo here at all.

Deeps

i could watch endlessly too. i'm weather obsessed.. especially tornadoes.

once i had a tree uproot and come crashing through our roof.. another time my cousins jeep was completely written off by hail. i'm so glad i live in a geographic location that gets crazy storms... i love watching them come across the lake.. all windows open.. winds a'howling.. the best!!

oh and i wonder what it is about dogs and thunder

what they hear coming over the fields

backhouse shelter warm nights in the summer

shaking the ground that you lie under..

It's currently storming bullets on one side of our home and sunny and clear on the other side...neat beans :)

that kind of weirdness is so awesome. We also had a brief powerful shower (5 minutes) while the sun was shining fully.

I've watched gorgeous lightening fireworks the last 3 nights running. Monday was that whole sky type (sheet lightening?) lighting up the thunderhead clouds in oranges, pinks and purples. LAst 2 nights was the good old fashioned spiky kind. Not as much thunder as I'd like though....sounded dimmer and even further away than over the downtown.

We have the BEST storm watching space in our house, btw: a fully screened porch which runs the length of the back of the house...not only are we able to be outdoors, but bug-free taboot, the rain on the crenallated plastic roof (what is that material called?) is reminiscently like rain on a tent....i just love it!

fantastic lightening here for the past 3 nights! Only one clap of thunder made me pee a little bit.. !

I always wait for just 1 more good lightening bolt...and then I think that maybe the next one will be better so I wait for another...and then another...

I did once, however, experience a snowstorm combined with lightning in Vancouver; which I didn't think was even barometrically possible.

we had such a barometrically unlikely event here in hamilton this past winter

caught a sun-thunderstorm out in Vancouver that was pretty damn cool

lazlo, pipe down and listen to what the thunder is saying

I'm posting at this very instant wondering if I can hit Add Post before the lightning cuts out our power. The upshot, if not: I get some planning done for work tomorrow (which if nature is considerate will happen); the downside: I lose the streaming Stephen Franke I've gone on right now.

But damn, there is absolutely nothing like a rager of a thunderstorm. My heart leaps every time.

I'm hugely intrigued by storms.

I experienced the fiercest one ever while in a hotel room in Kentucky. I got out of bed and watched it for an hour.

Then a year later I was down around Oklahoma City and I was really hoping for a real good twister sighting, but there was only nice weather the whole time!

nothing touched us across the river. I saw the outlines of a nasty storm and I was hoping I could watch it before it got dark. I think the mountains scare the thunderheads.

i saw one a brewin here in burlington around 6:30 but got nuttin...

think it was back in 99' I was driving back here to ontario from nb after being home for christmas, amd somewhere around kingston I drove directly into that storm that shut toronto down that time, when the army was brought in to clear the streets. Luckily I was driving a 4wd, there were cars off the road everywhere...transports were outta control...super sketchy...I was so exhausted from driving all day...thought I was seeing things when I saw BLUE LIGHTNING(in the middle of one of the craziest blizards I have ever seen)which continued for quite awhile. Took me 5hrs to get to brampton when it should have taken 2.5 or so...I was on the road that day for 22hrs...what a trip...WHAT A STORM

I too am very fascinated and love to watch storms of any type...

One of the coolest things i've ever seen was a thunderstorm on the prairies. I was driving through Idaho with a friend and we were in a transport truck. I could see over all the traffic and the view stretched on for miles. The lightening bolts were purple like black lights and you could see hundreds of them at once since the landscape is so flat. The clouds boiled and the rain was not drops, it simply poured from the sky. You could taste the energy in the air, a faint metallic tinge on the tip of your tongue.

One of my favourite memories.