Jambands.ca

Post an interesting fact that few people may know.

MarcO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts:

Waylon jennigs was the original bass player in Buddy Hollies' band the Crickets.

Ray Parker Jr. was sued for stealing the main riff for the Ghostbuster's theme from Huey Lewis's "I want a new Drug". A judge agreed and Huey Lewis Won.

The most frequently performed Grateful Dead song (excludig drums/space) is "Me & My uncle".

The main ingredient in Jagermiester when it was first introduced as a medicime elixer was opium.

There is a known anitdote for LSD that stops the trip cold, no matter what the dose. It is called chlorpromazine.

When Jerry Garica died, a bottel cap, some loose change and a hotel room key where foud in his stomach in the autopsy.

If you take the suppliment Phenalanalyne while at the peak or near peak of an ectasy trip, it will block the neuro-receptors in your brain that can become over used and make you feel "tired, fatigues and sketched out the next day. This works in most poeple.

The first reggae was called backwards R&B by American audience and was influenced heavily bythe sounds of Fats Domino and other new orleans geats that played heavily behind the beat.

Edited by Guest

Calamity Jane thanx alot for giving me something to do for the last 25 minutes. I can confirm it is impossible to lick your elbow, unless your elbow has been previously broken or you are double jointed.

FACT:I really did just spend 25 minutes trying to lick my elbow. I even made PoG try to confirm it.

If you take the suppliment Phenalanalyne while at the peak or near peak of an ectasy trip, it will block the neuro-receptors in your brain that can become over used and make you feel "tired, fatigues and sketched out the next day. This works in most poeple.

Where would I go about finding this magical supplement?

Fact: Jimmy Swift Played a great show last night....even without a foam pit.

damn straight. although the foam would've been interesting...wait...wait...no, no it wouldn't have been.

Calamity Jane thanx alot for giving me something to do for the last 25 minutes. I can confirm it is impossible to lick your elbow, unless your elbow has been previously broken or you are double jointed.

FACT:I really did just spend 25 minutes trying to lick my elbow. I even made PoG try to confirm it.

FACT: reading this just about caused beer to spurt out my nose!!!

thanks for the big chucke M.O.B.E.

and afro...thanks for asking that Q, too...I think folks should post a link to their SOURCES if possible!

fact: during booche's highschool football days (kicker/6th string QB) his nickname was "French Tickler"

As [color:purple]interesting as this fact is, how interesting is the reason he was nicknamed this? (Note that I'm not asking for the reason itself, just an indication of how interesting that reason is.)

Aloha,

Brad

Facts:

Waylon jennigs was the original bass player in Buddy Hollies' band the Crickets.

Actually, Joe Maudlin was the original bass player for the Crickets. Jennings played bass on the final tour with Holly, and in fact gave up his seat on the fateful plane ride to the Big Bopper, who was suffering from a cold.

Ray Parker Jr. was sued for stealing the main riff for the Ghostbuster's theme from Huey Lewis's "I want a new Drug". A judge agreed and Huey Lewis Won.

Which is complete horse shit, as "I want a new drug" is a direct lift of the riff from "Pop Music" by M. Once again, see the short story "Melancholy Elephants" by Spider Robinson on how plagiarism suits are long term suicide for the music industry.

Fact : besides the classic "orange", the words "month", "purple" and "silver" are all without natural rhymes in the English language.

"Orange" "Door-hinge"

Am I wrong?

Yeah, I've tried that one but it is kind of stunt rhyming (like when Springsteen tried to rhyme "visions" with "engines") ... close, but not quite , "hinge" has an "inge" sound, whereas orange is more "ange" or "enge" sound ... it's a judgement call, I guess.

Facts:

Actually' date=' Joe Maudlin was the original bass player for the Crickets. Jennings played bass on the final tour with Holly, and in fact gave up his seat on the fateful plane ride to the Big Bopper, who was suffering from a cold.

Which is complete horse shit, as "I want a new drug" is a direct lift of the riff from "Pop Music" by M. Once again, see the short story "Melancholy Elephants" by Spider Robinson on how plagiarism suits are long term suicide for the music industry.

Fact : besides the classic "orange", the words "month", "purple" and "silver" are all without natural rhymes in the English language.

Good call on Pop Music, I hadn't noticed that.

All of two Beatles perform on "The Ballad of John & Yoko", released May 1969.

John Lennon - lead and acoustic guitars, lead vocals

Paul McCartney - drums, piano, maracas, bass, backing vocals

It was the first Beatle song to be mixed only in stereo.

A number of US stations either refused to play the song, or bleeped out the cry of "Christ!" in the chorus.