Jambands.ca

**********The Slip Tour Ontario**********

show---whore

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the size of crowd they'll draw, is Mavericks not a decent venue? (And if they blow up huge, what would you think would be a decent venue for them? I guess the next step up would be The Rainbow or Barrymore's; would they count as decent venues?)

Aloha,

Brad

Barrymore's has a stage and sightlines, multiple bars, professional staff... Rainbow is good too.

Maverick's has a crappy sound-dude, one bar which is understaffed, poor sightlines, barely a stage, and sometimes a shower overhead.

The last Lovely Feathers show at Maverick's was sold out in advance with a lineup down the block. Now they are opening....

Just seems odd. The unadvertised Slip show during Bluesfest half-packed the bar, now there's promo, a new album, a heavyweight opener...

This isn't sour grapes, I'm glad the band is coming back. I just think the venues people book them in suck. Good thing the rich folk get the publicly funded multi-million dollar concert hall on Elgin, and the rest of the populace still have to go to Babylon and Maverick's....

(Is that concert hall still a go, or has it been cancelled?)

Big ups to the promoter for thinking of Ottawa, regardless of where they play I'll be there.

Barrymore's has a stage and sightlines, multiple bars, professional staff... Rainbow is good too.

Maverick's has a crappy sound-dude, one bar which is understaffed, poor sightlines, barely a stage, and sometimes a shower overhead.

The last Lovely Feathers show at Maverick's was sold out in advance with a lineup down the block. Now they are opening....

Just seems odd. The unadvertised Slip show during Bluesfest half-packed the bar, now there's promo, a new album, a heavyweight opener...

This isn't sour grapes, I'm glad the band is coming back. I just think the venues people book them in suck. Good thing the rich folk get the publicly funded multi-million dollar concert hall on Elgin, and the rest of the populace still have to go to Babylon and Maverick's....

(Is that concert hall still a go, or has it been cancelled?)

Big ups to the promoter for thinking of Ottawa, regardless of where they play I'll be there.

100% in agreement with you. Equally pleased and fortunate to have them in town. Would really have loved to have them play on a proper stage.

I'm not sure which dates Lovely Feathers are supporting. I don't sense it was part of the offer for Guelph can't say for other towns. I'd rather a really short opener and two sets of the Slip. We've earned it.

JayMan> I'm not sure if you'll see this or an email first but off the top of my head there are these errors in the release:

Berklee College of Music not Berkely

"From The Gecko" not "Geko"

Collaborators not however the fuck it's spelt.

I think those are the only errors I can think of off hand. Also you formatted MarcBrad and Marc's name is missing below - it's just chunked on above it.

Damn!!! Looks like we're going to need a bigger bandwagon here... (no pun intended)

Now then, should I sell my MMW+Scofield tix for Saturday night in Chicago or consider that seeing The Slip repeat 3/4 of their show each night will be too much to stomach?

A fun little run regardless and a good excuse to check out O-town for a change as well...

I think those are the only errors I can think of off hand. Also you formatted MarcBrad and Marc's name is missing below - it's just chunked on above it.

Yeah, I did that when I was trying to float the images (fixed). I also added the Jambands.ca partnership for Ottawa.

Yeah, it would be great if someone could look into the Lovely Feathers dealio.

Confirm or deny that they're playing, that kind of thing.

I'm certainly trying to find out that information. I'm pretty sure The Slip could nearly sell out Maverick's on their own for a Saturday night.