Jambands.ca

the excitement of a two night (band) stand

scottieking

Man o man o man I am pumped for this double dose of adios from Nero. Two night stands are rare for me these days but they were always one of my favorite parts of the scene.

I haven't been so excited for one since Phish in Cincinati in 2003 (which, by the way, was the finest post hiatus performances I saw them do)

Any other favs out there?

hmm Cinci might be one of mine too - I had gone to Chicago but(as Giggles may remember) it was a movie-worthy weirdness/terrorfest at our frickin hotel after that show so looking forward to two nights in Cinci while staying at the Hilton was the earthbound equivalent of the step from purgatory to heaven....

This nero run tops it anticipation wise though... It's like Christmas and New Years mailed my present too late and it didn't arrive till Friday. I'm ok with it and instead of sending a card I'm gonna do it in person. Is there a Fuck Yeah! Smiley on this frickin message board or what?

Edited by Guest

Scottie, you just pulled a Vulcan mind meld on me.

It's been a bitchy giggle-fest for me the past few days realizing that we are all about to see 2 shows in a row in the same venue.

I always thought the first night of the 3-night Dead Charlotte spring 95 run should be far more well respected than it is. People dont seem to know but it was a solid show. Obviously those days were filled with mediocore to poor shows but something special happened that night which set up what was probably their best night in 1995. I dont expect anyone here to 'get it' but if you happen to be a Deadhead that knows the eras, its a show to seek out.

Enough for me. This modern drunkard is going to bed.

I love the two-night run. It's like having a 20-hour setbreak during which you can leave the venue and come back having slept it off and gotten ready to party again.

The first one that springs to mind for me is Phish at SPAC in June of '04. The two shows were each vastly different experiences for me (with the first night being all about intensity and the second one mellower), but were both really special nights.

The last two shows of the '95 Phish tour in Lake Placid were amazing!! We had a hotel right across from the venue and we could party on our deck and it felt like we were in the lot. The shows were sick as well, one of the best Antelopes I have ever heard (my friend had an sezuire because of the lights, she was fine a couple songs later!!)

The three night run in Chicago '98 was also very memorable!!!

Albany '97 was a lot of fun as well!!

I've never seen a two-night run at one venue before, but I was witness to the dead at SPAC in 04 - Wave that flag. The tweeter centre in mansfield, the following night in Saratoga. That was a good time, and the first of what would become many trips to albany. that venue is awesome. The best part is finding the car after the show is done. Unless you remember which hole you've parked next to, it s gonna be a loooong walk.

oh yea i forgot this thread was about nero. I listened to soon today, first time in a while...this weekend is going to be spifferific (spiffy times ten and seven sixty-eigths)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spifferific

giggity giggity, gigity goo.

those charlotte shows were fun as hell on so many levels but because the clifford ball, the G. Went and those types of shows always seemed to fall on my birthday w.e. they stand out for me

oh yes and anyone who sleeps in between these nero shows simply doesn't know how to party. unless you start druinking the moment you wake up on saturday, that would be acceptable

dont forget to put a glass of scotch at your bedside folks

Phish - Albany, NY Fall 2000

Phish - Mansfield, MA Fall 2000

4 shows in 5 nights, some of the best Phish I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I saw god during the YEM in Mansfield.

But yeah, stoked about this weekend. I wish Friday night would get here already...

One of my favourite two-night runs: nero @ Cafe Dekcuf in Ottawa, November, 2004 (first night, second night).

Both nights had their treats (the first night, nero's old bassist came out for a couple of songs at the start of the second set, and the second night, Velvet joined them on-stage for some Ween and The Tummies covers), and the pair of shows had a special/nostalgic feel to them, as Dekcuf (and what it had been before it was Dekcuf, The Whipping Post) were nero's "home" club in a lot of ways, and with the impending hiatus, it was as if the band was saying goodbye to the place. (Part of me wishes this weekend's shows were there, but I understand that it makes a lot more sense to have them at Mavericks.)

Aloha,

Brad

hmm Cinci might be one of mine too - I had gone to Chicago but(as Giggles may remember) it was a movie-worthy weirdness/terrorfest at our frickin hotel after that show so looking forward to two nights in Cinci while staying at the Hilton was the earthbound equivalent of the step from purgatory to heaven....

Ha ha, my friend Wilson was telling me about that story again last weekend. Cracks me up everytime.

Cincinatti was great. As was Albany Fall 2000.

I always loved Deer Creek too because of the multi night runs.

Really looking forward to this one. I had one of the mellowest New Years in a long time but it didn't really bother me, b/c New Years style action begins 2 weeks late in 2007.

Happy New Year ;)

I woke up Wednesday morning thinking it was Friday! eeesh!

Matty, Maggie, Gateaux and I were listening to nero on the way to the movies last night...I started to get butterflies!!!!!!! giddy,giddy,giddy!

I'm also giddy for the fact that we are going to get a lot of old skanks in the same room together which hasn't happened in a long time!

PARTY TIME!!!!!!

I used to love being able to see the Dead a couple of nights in a row, not only to better justify the endless hours in the car, but because something was bound to connect better one of the two nights (not least my own state of mind). The Pine Knob shows in June 1991 stand out though as particularly good ones, as do the Paris 1990 ones. Each night was its own adventure.

I am pretty stoked for this weekend....

I've seen The Musical Box perform a few two night stands, both at The Spectrum in Montreal, the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto, The Grand Theatre in Quebec City and various venues around the Ottawa/Gatineau region.

My favourite was probably the pair of back-to-back shows I saw at the NAC theatre in May-ish '97. Originally we were only in for the first night but it was so good we bought tickets at the last minute for the Saturday show. This was back when TMB would veer of course a little and throw in some bonus encores. It was a Selling show but we got a Can-Utility encore the first night (after The Knife of course) and Fountain of Salmacis the second. I still remember how blown away I was by Salmacis. And if that wasn't enough, "Peter" flew at the end of Supper's Ready!

Back-to-back shows are so much fun and I can't WAIT for this weekend!!

oh yes and anyone who sleeps in between these nero shows simply doesn't know how to party. unless you start druinking the moment you wake up on saturday, that would be acceptable

dont forget to put a glass of scotch at your bedside folks

Barrett sounds like he'll be in top form. Scary!