Jambands.ca

Tragically Hip

Kanada Kev

Hey, don't know if anyone here is a fan of live Hip, but I just saw some new dates announced. Anyone who has seen the Hip in a small venue knows that's where they are the best. I've been fortunate and seen them that way a number of times going back to '89.

They are doing a US tour after they wrap up the Canadian on in Toronto next month (anyone else going to Copps Coliseum? I'll be there).

Anyhow, they are doing 2 nights at the great Town Ballroom in Buffalo. Tix on sale this Friday. Here are the details:

02/26/07: Long Beach Arena Long Beach, CA

02/28/07: US Airways Center Phoenix, AZ

03/01/07: ipayOne Center at the Sports Arena San Diego, CA

03/05/07: The Sears Centre Hoffman Estates, IL

03/06/07: Conseco Fieldhouse Indianapolis, IN

03/08/07: Harro East Ballroom Rochester, NY

03/09/07: Town Ballroom Buffalo, NY

03/10/07: Town Ballroom Buffalo, NY

03/13/07: Roxy Theatre Atlanta, GA

03/15/07: Scout Bar Houston, TX

03/16/07: Palladium Ballroom Dallas, TX

03/19/07: Gothic Theatre Denver, CO

03/21/07: House Of Blues Las Vegas, NV

03/26/07: The Fillmore San Francisco, CA

03/28/07: Roseland Theatre Portland, OR

03/29/07: Moore Theatre Seattle, WA

04/12/07: State Theater Detroit, MI

04/16/07: Higher Ground South Burlington, VT

04/17/07: Higher Ground South Burlington, VT

04/18/07: Northern Lights Clifton Park, NY

04/20/07: Avalon Boston, MA

04/24/07: Irving Plaza New York, NY

04/25/07: Irving Plaza New York, NY

04/28/07: Theatre of Living Arts Philadephia, PA

04/29/07: 9:30 Club Washington, Dc

April 16 & 17, 2007

South Burlington, VT

Higher Ground

Tickets : $40.00 adv, $45.00 day of show

Tickets Onsale : January 19th @ 11:00am (est)

Tickets available at the Higher Grounds Box Office (Cash or Credit/ Debit- $1 more per ticket when using a credit/debit card.

Open Monday thru Friday 11am to 6pm), Pure Pop Music, charge by phone toll free phone toll free at 1-888-512-SHOW (7469)or online at www.HigherGroundMusic.com

Dude, I was at the Odeon show in Cleveland in '95. What a show! I remember spilling out on to the street after and STEAM was pouring off of everyone because it had been so hot and fun inside!

April 08 1995: Odeon, Cleveland: Set List

1: Grace, Too

2: Impossibilium

3: Locked In The Trunk Of A Car

4: Greasy Jungle

5: So Hard Done By

6: The Last Of The Unplucked Gems

7: Thugs

8: New Orleans Is Sinking

9: Fire In The Hole

10: Pigeon Camera

11: Inevitability Of Death

12: At The Hundredth Meridian

13: Nautical Disaster

14: The Werewithal

15: Daredevil

16: Fully Completely

17: An Inch An Hour

Velvet and KevO,

I was at both of the shows you are talking about.

Cleveland: I was on a run that included about 14 shows over a month ending with a great three night run in NY (Syracuse Club Chameleon, Rochester Aud Theater, and Buffalo Aud) all with The Rheostatics opening. I actually taped that from the balcony, but it didn't turn out too great.

Bills Bar was a three night stand if I remember correctly. We saw two nights and then headed back for a Phish show somewhere.

I thank the Hip during those years for introducing me to some awesome musicians including the Rheos, Daniel Lanois, The Inbreds and Crash Vegas. They were also awesome people, helping my buddy and I out with their leftovers from the venue rider food.

Memories.........

Sean

Last I saw them was at Frontenac Secondary School's main auditorium, mid-80's. They played mostly Who and Doors covers. I was amazed the cop at the door didn't know i was pished and probably necked with some sweaty tight-jeaned chunky girl who i never talked to again

smooth as golden i tell ya

(and shouldn't it be the hip opening for the slip?)

I'm not a fan of their music, but I will forever think well of them, since the show they played at The Boot Pub in Whistler.

The show was a benefit for the families of people who were washed away in a flood, north of Whistler near Pemberton. I guess the Hip happened to be in town at the time, and offered to do the impromptu (tiny) show.

Clearly good guys; no doubt.

Last I saw them was at Frontenac Secondary School's main auditorium, mid-80's. They played mostly Who and Doors covers.

I was there too...grade 10 I believe. Anyway, they also did the Beatles version of 'Money (That's What I Want)'. Since I was bigtime into the Beatles that's the only tune I remember. I recall walking around the school and seeing the posters for "The Tragically Hip" and I thought it was the stupidest name and constantly made fun of it.

I think this was just before their very first album came out.

Small Town Bringdown

Last I saw them was at Frontenac Secondary School's main auditorium, mid-80's.

Too funny, I was at that show too. Somewhere around here I've got a board mix of them playing at Copper Penny II in 1985, with the sax player instead of Paul Langois. A friend did the recording, found it recently and gave away CDs as christmas presents.

Last I saw them was at Frontenac Secondary School's main auditorium' date=' mid-80's.[/quote']

Too funny, I was at that show too. Somewhere around here I've got a board mix of them playing at Copper Penny II in 1985, with the sax player instead of Paul Langois. A friend did the recording, found it recently and gave away CDs as christmas presents.

Oh man...can you share that as a Torrent or something? That would very cool!