Jambands.ca

Iran??

ggrtrhhrtgg

Iran - Far Away

I am continually amused by these 'international issues' are distracting us from focusing on our own country.

Definitely interesting but also a distraction.

Other than to make up my mind how I vote or shop, it's always the same old crap.

Sorry guys, but how is this any different than any other large scale war for profit?

The only reason the Us has not attacked Iran already is that they are a "real threat" that may have nuclear weapons. This is why the US hasn't attacked North Korea. The only respect the gun.

Also the US military is so weak right now they don't have the means to fight that war right now....

If the Us attacks Iran they are fucked......

...bets to leave that one be......

New Yorker story from last spring.

Posted 2006-04-08

The Bush Administration, while publicly advocating diplomacy in order to stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon, has increased clandestine activities inside Iran and intensified planning for a possible major air attack. Current and former American military and intelligence officials said that Air Force planning groups are drawing up lists of targets, and teams of American combat troops have been ordered into Iran, under cover, to collect targeting data and to establish contact with anti-government ethnic-minority groups. The officials say that President Bush is determined to deny the Iranian regime the opportunity to begin a pilot program, planned for this spring, to enrich uranium.

The US military as powerful as they are, are spread thin right now. Sure they can go in and bomb the crap out of a country from a far using all the highly advanced weapons at their disposal.

Eventuaully they need to move the troops in and this is where they fail. Iraq is proof of this and is becoming the battle field between the US and Iran.

It is also true that the US is worried about the Nuclear option. No one is exactly sure what Iran can produce. Even a crude bomb or radioactive material itself could be devastating.

I'm going to agree with the fact that the U.S. Army is stretched way too thin to even muster up a fart in Iran's direction right now. If they were thinking about attacking, they wouldn't be spending as much money and energy increasing forces in Iraq. Their hands are tied and they're probably sitting in the oval office praying to "8'6" Baby Jesus" that Iran doesn't mobilize first. The only way I could imagine an attack on Iran is the deployment of extra troops to Iraq being a front for an attack on Iran, but I see it being wise to take diplomatic measures first.

And Hillary Clinton? Are you kidding me? Saying that Bush should have every troop out of Iraq before she, I mean, the next president, gets behind the big desk? It's almost as impossible/irresponsible as it is crazy.

americans are pretty desperately exhausted from supporting said crazy administration and looking the fool

if Iran doesn't set off a test nuke I can't see it... even then I still couldn't actually... focus on Afghanistan, sneak out of Iraq, think smarter in the future or China will eat you whole

• 2 weeks later...
Neo-conservatives, particularly at the Washington-based American Enterprise Institute, are urging Mr Bush to open a new front against Iran. So too is the vice-president, Dick Cheney.

thats scary...

if not for Cheney and Rumsfeld's obsession with Iraq, it would still be much like it was... take that however you like it... when Russia's communists fell in the 1990's a new "enemy" was needed... Cheney and Rummy have been plotting global american dominance together since Nixon was running the office

makes you have to wonder bout the recent "last ditch" US troop buildup initiated by GB's republicans in Iraq

frankly I'm feeling very sick of war, particularly of the pre-emptive variety... just when you though muslim/western tensions were maybe on the decline (besides in Iraq, where its "personal") that'd be just the spark to set things blazin again... such a typical neo-conservative strategy