Jambands.ca

Grateful Fest 8

afro poppa

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was there.. there's no place I would have rather been. I really missed being with everyone!

We missed you in a big way KK! I had heard that you were actually there, so when I finally realized that you weren't I was very disappointed.

Mark, we make a pretty good dance team!

I look forward to the next time we get to tear it up on the dance sand together! I remember seeing you dancing and grooving in a glowstick costume at Camp Wonderland, but was in no condition to match your moves at that point.

Rowan/Tony Rice - Rice's late walkon was priceless. Loved it.

The Zen Tricksters late with guests galore was unbelievable

Ditto on those two thoughts!

I'd like to see/hear more about this little shindig. Didn't anyone here stop by?

I wish I had stopped by, but to be honest, there was just so much fun to be had that it was impossible to take it all in.

Still glowing from the magic ...

Peace, Mark

Glad you liked the treats. Damn fine, huh? You can thank our lovely neighbours from Chi-town for that going away present :) How was the "banana bread"?

We left the 'banana bread' for Rich to tackle!! We ate the cookies and krispie treats, which were fantastic!! Made for an interesting ride home, I'll tell ya that for sure!

Knowing Rich, I'm sure the banana bread treated him wonderfully!! Haha... I wouldn't be surprised if another turtle got him after that!!

photo's please,

i'm definitely going to try and hit this festival next year. it sounds like it was the perfect holiday! i'm curious were there have any negatives anyone should know about?

Finally figured this one out, and I never thought I'd ever type these words in my life as it's one of my absolute favorites, but there were far too many renditions of Franklin's Tower.

I forget who it was with, but I remember Donna singing a real slow version at one point and just wincing.

That being said the festival could not have gone more perfectly.

I never thought I'd ever type these words in my life as it's one of my absolute favorites, but there were far too many renditions of Franklin's Tower.

I forget who it was with, but I remember Donna singing a real slow version at one point and just wincing.

That being said the festival could not have gone more perfectly.

I agree that I heard one too many versions of Franklin's Tower at the festival. Having said that, I remember really enjoying the slow, groovy version with Donna Jean singing. You know that you've had a great festival experience when the biggest complaint is hearing too many versions of Franklin's Tower over the course of the festival!

Kanada Kev, thanks for the pics and videos, and that sound train was very cool!

Peace, Mark

Just to clarify, I didn't groove on Zero's version of Franklin's Tower, but thoroughly enjoy the version that I heard earlier that day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Donna Jean was singing for both versions. Or maybe I was confused while listening to the music playing! :)

Peace, Mark

edger's review summed it up nicely! Great music, food, weather, and especially great company! All the friends new and old made for a fantastic week.

Highlight: DSO! I was a bit skeptical at first but these guys completely blew me away.

Surprise of the week: Boombox! I can't wait to hear more.

Lowlight: Umphrey's one word: BORING!

Thanks to everyone that made this week so fun!

WoW! I finally have a moment back home after the crazy and unbelievable times had at gratefulfest. My mind is a swirling blur after seeing so much good music. It was great to reconnect with buddy's from last year, as well as rock it up with the solid canadian crew. Thanks to everybody for making this such a great time! I'll post my pics soon!

I only caught the last 2 songs or so of UM, and i wish i would've just waited at the campsite for DSO to come on. i think they're really talented musicians, i just wasn't feeling it.

it was really nice to meet you, captainsunshine, baj and kanada kev! and of course it was wonderful to see all the familar faces, too!

BTW, i had to change my screen name from fisty because everyone expected me to be a big perverted guy or something.

Midurty - that sure sounds sweet!!! You lucky %&*$#

KarinGarage - thanks for sharing the photoz!!

Wish we had the internet at our place so we could share ours.

Musically my fav's for the week:

- Cornmeal - everything they played blew my mind

- Franklin's Tower: slow version by Donna & the Tricksters + Baraco

- Midnight Moonlight: Rice/Rowan Quartet

- Pride of Cucamonga: DSO

- I'll Take a Melody: Donna & the Tricksters

- So Many Roads: DSO

I'd love to hear the live shows.....cuz I bought all 3 of their CDs and they come off as WAY too country for this boy's blood! FUCK ME DIRTY!

Well I haven't listened to the 2nd CD so I don't know for sure but I'm just too disappointed to give it a try yet!

Edited by Guest