Jambands.ca

International Women's Day!

Sarahbelle

In some states men are not paid equally to their female counterparts. Men still need to fight the good and essential fight. Men are still beaten down every day, whether verbally and/or physically and many remain silent and/or feel helpless.

Why isn't the distreatment of men considered an 'issue'?

Bokonon, i don't think you generalized or over-simplified anything. Your ideas are outside and looking down on on these sociological issues and require a different mindset to adopt. Have you ever read any Camille Paglia? If not, check her out. I think you may like her mode of thinking. You're definitely what I would consider liberated!

Equality doesn't come with clause A, B, C or D. Cheers to men and women of ALL KINDS!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry if I offended anyone. What I am trying to express is that we as North American women have all of our rights and we don't need to fight for them anymore. We are not oppressed, we are not victimized, we do not need to distinguish ourselves by our gender. In fact, doing so is setting back the women's movement by creating an unecessary division between men and women. I am thoroughly impressed by the work done by historical women. In fact, I'm reading an amazing book right now that highlights some work done in the past that I reap the benefits of. (A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn, check it out!) We have our rights now lets truly act as equals and not try to set ourselves apart, aside or above men.

Honestly, sometimes I think the women's movement went too far in some very strange directions. Two areas that immediately spring to mind are family law and standardized testing of emergency services workers. In family law, courts usually favour women, which is biased and illogical. In many divorce cases women are awarded alimony, which is absolutely assinine! Why would a man have to pay his ex-wife so she can maintain her living standard. If she wanted to keep her present lifestyle then she can either stay married or get a job that will allow her to stay in the same wage brackett. Also, custody battles often blindly favor the mother, which is not always in the child's best interest. As for emergency services workers, many of the physical tests have different standards for men and women. If your house was burning dowm, would you care about what is between the legs of the person rescuing your unconscious body from the flames? Would you be lauding the victories of the women's movement if your dad burnt to a crisp because the little waif that went to save him couldn't lift him? Of course not.

Gender discrimination can only be eradicated through making the whole concept of gender completely irrelevant.

You didn't offend me. I just like a little healthy discussion. And I think everything you said here was intelligent and to the point, whether or not I agree with all of it.

;-)

Edited by Guest

Now, in the interest of arriving at frank and authentic recognition of gender equalities, New Poll Says Nearly Half Of Men Questioned Have Faked An Orgasm In Bed

(Caveat - the poll comes from Lavalife)

March 7, 2007 9:36 a.m. EST

Ayinde O. Chase - All Headline News Staff

Ontario, Canada (AHN) - It used to be somewhat of a joke or even commonplace in the media to hear about women faking orgasms. Its been the topic of conversation in countless romantic comedies, talk shows and sitcoms such as Sex and the City. However a new poll shows that men are just as guilty when it comes to faking it.

According to a new Lavalife poll faking orgasms are not just a woman's prerogative, but startling number of men polled say they too have done the deed. According to results form the poll 48 percent of the 9,100 men polled through the online dating site Lavalife.com say they have faked an orgasm.

"When it comes to faking orgasms, people assume that it's primarily done by women," says Ambrose Diaz, a contributing editor to Lavalife Magazine, who recently researched the topic and wrote a story on the practice ... or lack thereof. "The poll we conducted on Lavalife.com shows us that it's definitely not just women who are faking it, but a large number of men as well."

By reading this one of the questions running through your mind is how do men get away with it?

"Wearing a condom makes it easy," says Diaz. "According to my research, the men who have faked an orgasm without a condom just told their partners they didn't ejaculate very much."

According to Diaz, many of the reasons men fake orgasms are similar to those of women: they are tired, they just want to be done, or they just aren't into sex that particular night. Some thought they were going to lose their erection or felt they were lacking an emotional connection.

However the numbers from the poll show that women fake it in bed more than men. Roughly 82 percent of the 6,350 women who were surveyed say they have faked an orgasm.

more cat fights please!!!

DB' date=' I'll come over to casa Catphish and she and I can fight, if you like? Maybe we can do that mudwrestling.

[/quote']

Make it jell-o, throw in some chest-bumping, and give me a ticket in the taper's section. :o

Aloha,

Brad

D_E_M, what are you doing on lavalife?

:D - sorry to throw any odd questions into play! That was just a repost on Fark.

And in tribute to IWD, let me add that I've never messed around on any partner in all my many years, which has as its principal benefit the fact that I've never been a burden to more than one woman at any given time.

Edited by Guest

Some Humor for IWD:

The airliner pushed back from the gate, the flight attendant gave the passengers the usual information regarding seat belts, etc. Finally, she said, "Now sit back and enjoy your trip while your captain, Judith Campbell, and crew take you safely to your destination."John sitting in the eighth row thought to himself, "Did I hear her right? Is the captain a woman?" When the attendants came by with the drink cart, he said "Did I understand you right? Is the captain a woman?" "Yes," said the attendant, "In fact, this entire crew is female." "My God," said John, "I'd better have two scotch and sodas. I don't know what to think with only women up there in the cockpit.""That's another thing sir," said the attendant, "We No Longer Call It The Cock Pit." "It's The Box Office."

i'm just listening to a CBC program about women in guatemala. 2 women are murdered every day, usually raped and tortured first, and when a woman is murdered, the police don't even bother investigating at all. :(

i'd agree this is an important day to be reminded of how good we have it, or even just to learn something and think about how women in other countries are still suffering for trying to assert some basic human rights.

International Woman’s Day, while we may debate what it means and doesn't mean and shouldn't mean, this is not a hallmark holiday...

This is for all the women who deal with knowing that their children will not be raised by their mother because of aids, knowing that they have given their children a disease that will kill them, who deal with gender based violence/female infanticide, all the basic rights that we were born with or should be born with, for the young women out there that wish they were born male because women aren't valued in their families, religion or culture, and will be denied education or the choice of a lover, for all the women who have been stripped of their dignity, who fight for their daughters rights, who cannot remember the last time they smiled and to all the women who are dealing with any of this alone. A tip-of-the-hat to all the strong sisters out there who still fight everyday,

“If only for today let peace into your hearts and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.â€

International Woman’s Day, while we may debate what it means and doesn't mean and shouldn't mean, this is not a hallmark holiday...

This is for all the women who deal with knowing that their children will not be raised by their mother because of aids, knowing that they have given their children a disease that will kill them, who deal with gender based violence/female infanticide, all the basic rights that we were born with or should be born with, for the young women out there that wish they were born male because women aren't valued in their families, religion or culture, and will be denied education or the choice of a lover, for all the women who have been stripped of their dignity, who fight for their daughters rights, who cannot remember the last time they smiled and to all the women who are dealing with any of this alone. A tip-of-the-hat to all the strong sisters out there who still fight everyday,

“If only for today let peace into your hearts and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.â€

you rock. :)

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

And that's what it's all about!!