Jambands.ca

Creepy Guys at Chameleon Project

kung

Honestly, if Luke didn't post on this board, it would be one of the most boring places on earth. He may be objectionable and he may be bitter and he may be offside (and I don't need to go on) but no one's comments serve to bring out the best in all of you than his. There are no threads I find more worthy to read than those where he has lit a fire and walked away. You all rise to the occasion, driven by an overwhelming desire to be the yang to his yin.

I'm happy he's here and sad when he hurts.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promised myself I'd never use this loser board again and frankly I've only read a handful of your loser responses.

The friend of mine is a tough chick and she's been through some heavy shit and this was intolerable. If you want to make light of it go for it but you're the one who looks like a massive fucking tool. We wanted to stick around and see KJ Sawka, that's why we came and paid $20 - instead we left about a half hour after we came because as mentioned the venue was over capacity and the capacity that was there was whacked way past their due date.

Case in point in front of the venue some serious Om wookie rolled up to us and the first thing he wanted to inform us of was that he'd just done a big line of K and Coke. Way to go Guy! I'm really proud of you, way to put yourself in the Hole then try and crawl out of it!

As far as the band well clearly despite the fact that I'm a full time music journalist, I don't drink, I've been writing about improvisational music in Canada since before jambands.ca existed- not to mention I've been a head for longer than almost all this board- clearly some believe I am still not entitled to an opinion.

Irrespective of the lame scene we dealt with in terms of predatory K'd out tweakers- not so much offensive as massively annoying (like most of you for instance)- the music was truly derivative.

I have never enjoyed Chameleon Project. The drummer is marginally good, the bass players concepts are pretty weak and lacking and the guitarist is a fucking joke. A pedal board and some dude playing guitar. I really really tried to just get into it and enjoy but they had no concept of how to build the tension and release of a Break- which is what Jungle, Breaks and Hip Hop are based on. Instead they meander about touching on a variety of faded styles and pander to their audience who is so touched in the head from the copious quantities of animal tranquilizers that they'd meow at the moon.

I promised myself I'd never use this loser board again [...]

Until, of course, the next time you need affirmation from the masses or a network of support. Which judging from your usual ebbs and flows, is right around the corner now. Fair 'nuff.

so touched in the head from the copious quantities of animal tranquilizers that they'd meow at the moon.

Even if 80% of it is the usual tantrum and self-aggrandizing fluff, I still read you for stellar lines like this one.

I'm personally glad that Chameleon hasn't been fished into this already. Think he/they are taking the high road here... probably quite satisfied by playing their biggest club show yet, and getting all the positive feedback with the merch purchases.

My personal pet peeve is when I offer an apology and it's not even accepted or ackowledged. Oh well... if this is what it's like being a loser. Not a big deal if I win! :)

so touched in the head from the copious quantities of animal tranquilizers that they'd meow at the moon

Awesome.

Even if 80% of it is the usual tantrum and self-aggrandizing fluff, I still read you for stellar lines like this one.

Not agreeing with the percentage but still....

Luke seems to have an amazing capacity to have something really valid to say, but the manner in which it is said seems to predictably anger some to the point the initial validity gets lost,give others the tools to dismiss the ideas out of hand because of rudeness or mental illness(I find it sad how easily some of you use that as a weapon),exasperate yet others who get the point but object to the style of delivery, and all in all be entertaining.

If its on purpose its a form of genius.

I'd guess that Luke would find being labelled "entertaining" more damning than "mentally ill" though.

Hey D Rawk why don't you stay in PEI and continue ripping off musicians for their livelihood.

For the record both Evolve Festival and Shoreline festival left behind massive debts this year. For instance the Wassabi Collective refuses to play Evolve this year until they are at least paid for last year. It would help, if you want to point the finger, if you had any professionalism, respect or decency of your own.

Sorry I thought he was D Rock.

I'm not fishing or phishing William. You're a good guy but not a very good promoter. I brought Jay into the fold of concert promotion in Nova Scotia. Let's not forget who was in this game ages ago and who is just a bank roll. Take some responsibility for the fact that you let the crowd get over capacity and that the crowd was more out of their mind than any jamband show or rave I've attended in ages.

Yeah Luke you're right. I am a good guy. And I'm much better at road hockey than promoting. And I'm really good at road hockey!

Thanks for all the publicity though. THAT is appreciated. This has actually been alot of fun! I'm honored to actually be acknowledged as well by the famous Luke Bowden!

Looking forward to seeing you at the finish line. Remember that life is a marathon, not a sprint.

It's pretty cool that Chameleon got you posting again! That's a feather in their cap if I ever saw one! Especially on this 'loser board'... just as good as a Now Cover relative to Jambands!

Edited by Guest

Hey D Rawk why don't you stay in PEI and continue ripping off musicians for their livelihood.

It would help, if you want to point the finger, if you had any professionalism, respect or decency of your own.

Sorry I thought he was D Rock.

Hilarious.

Stop posting if you don't like it around here. Follow through on your threats to leave 'if you have any professionalism, respect or decency of your own.'

I think you've mistaken me for someone else.

For the record though, I'm not pointing any fingers. I may have met blunt with blunt, but you're not a child and I don't suspect that you want to be talked to like one.

My point was that this gang of losers has been very good about taking your barrage of insults (some of them wonderfully creative barbs and jabs, granted) and staying in your corner despite it - particularly when you draw on them for strength. Which is great, and I don't expect it to change.

I don't know shit about shit, but I can identify repeat patterns at least as well as any trained monkey. It wasn't an attack, it was a reminder.

You are right. Because this crowd is delusional and in denial about their drug and alcohol addictions I should renounce the last ten years of my life and give up all credibility I have built in this scene.

I care I really care. That is the problem. Im looking at the man in the mirror. Why dont all of you?