Jambands.ca

Creepy Guys at Chameleon Project

kung

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the point of this thread... other than it's author just wanting to be a complete dick. Are you expecting all the little tweak heads to create some kind of online persona, log onto here and apologize over and over again for drooling over one girl at an otherwise all guy party? Puhleeeeze. Your girlfriend needs to get a grip and not have her boyfriend go on a public message board and berate people for staring at her. I'd hate to see her say in Italy, where instead of guys just staring at her, they'd actually walk up to her and pinch her ass. You'd probably lose your shit then! ;)

The irony of this all I suppose is the author probably has offended even MORE people with this post. But noone has the vulgarity to say they're going to 'fucking rock his head in'.

Go figure.

I understand how you might not like what Luke said or how he said it but I fail to see how you have any basis for feeling offended by his statements. He's perfectly entitled to make them whether anyone gets unduly offended or not.

I don't see how he's referring to you personally, so I just don't get it.

You don't get offended when someone is rude or offensive to your friends? Maybe "offended" is the wrong term, but I know I will stick up for my friends when someone insults them. I am not trying to pick a fight, I just think that Jaydawg is justified in going on the defensive a little for this unnecessary outburst. Sure, Luke doesn't have to like the Chameleon Project, he also doesn't have to go spitting insults at them in a public place either (a public place that they frequent).

Sorry for piping up, I just get pissed off when people are rude!

Edited by Guest

You don't get offended when someone is rude or offensive to your friends? .... Sure, Luke doesn't have to like the Chameleon Project, he also doesn't have to go spitting insults at them in a public place either (a public place that they frequent).

Let's see, I'd say most of the guys in the Fat Cats are my friends, known them for a long time now. If you wish to say something untoward about them as individual human beings, that would rub me the wrong way, sure, and I would defend their good characters. But you could say whatever you like about their music and I would have to concede you're perfectly entitled to that view. So while I might not agree, I wouldn't feel the need to stick up for their music just because I like them as people. Separate the music from the individual people making it and judge accordingly but be honest; if you think a band is good because they are nice guys trying hard and they're fun to party with and to know, well that doesn't have anything to do with their music.

For instance, I never really enjoyed nero much but I always thought the guys in the band were A+ dudes. Hey, I'm being perfectly honest here.

Finally, yes this is a public place. That's exactly the point.

edit: I know I've got drawn into both the Slowcoaster thread and this one but remember I never said one thing about what I think of either band. I just think people can say what they wish about the music they hear and they don't need to be either diplomatic nor fuzzy about it, if they so choose. It's not like I necessarily *agree* with Luke here. I just don't feel like I have to either way.

I know exactly what you are saying....I know you never liked nero much, but you never came on this website and started listing off the things you didn't like about nero either (and you still came to our shows in Hamilton! I tried to make sure I personally thanked you every time, lol). I consider you not bringing up the things you don't like about nero into the countless old inane nero fawning threads( ;) ) a matter of personal courtesy and politeness, partly due to all the people around here who were so passionate about nero. Maybe I am wrong.

I am just trying to defend JChameleon a bit, since the guy seem like a genuinely nice dude who loves music a lot, and honestly, because of this damn message board I feel like I know him a bit, haha. Luke can flame away all he wants, I just don't see the point of it, other than to be rude, but whatever I am going to shut up now!

:)

* Jaydawg Said:

I think your "critical-ness" has become increasingly one sided, that you fail to give any credit to the strengths of some musical projects.

Why should anyone necessarily have to give a balanced take on anything? It sometimes serves no other purpose than trying to appear kind and cool to other people. Better to just say what one thinks and be done with it.

I think that good journalism should be a mix of personal opinion, but constructive enough to give details about the sound, direction and compairisons.

Luke can flame away all he wants, I just don't see the point of it, other than to be rude...

and I agree, I don't know what constructive purpose it serves, other than to demonstrate a range of opinion within the community, which is his perogative. And yeah it's frustrating for sure, occasionally amusing but largely frustrating.

Point is, I know it's nice to be nice all the time but it's too much to expect from every single person on a public forum. People can be as sweet or as brutal as they wish.

I really only ever went to Nero to look at you anyway. You were so beautiful.

* Jaydawg Said:

I think your "critical-ness" has become increasingly one sided, that you fail to give any credit to the strengths of some musical projects.

Why should anyone necessarily have to give a balanced take on anything? It sometimes serves no other purpose than trying to appear kind and cool to other people. Better to just say what one thinks and be done with it.

I think that good journalism should be a mix of personal opinion, but constructive enough to give details about the sound, direction and compairisons.

I agree that's a cornerstone of good journalism. But making a post on a public message board has nothing to do with journalism and it's standards.

Chameleon Project fucking blow.

I think that you are being pretty harsh on this developing band..

They've been at it for over 5 years so if they're still trying to develope their sound I think they should call it quits.

Seriously they really aren't very good. Even Jommoma is better.

Why should it matter if Chameleon Project is good or bad within the context of this thread? Luke posted what was primarily a comment about the conduct of the AUDIENCE at a CP show.Yes, he further went on to critique the music (which is his perogative-I would agree Marco, and I would agree Diva, not exactly up to journalistic standards)but the crucial point was the behaviour that made his friend uncomfortable.

On that subject,I fail to see why a band should be responsible for their audience.The Cp isn't accountable for what happened.Neither does it have ANYTHING to do with whether their music is or is not good.

Allison, did you miss this part?

On a musical level we both agreed that Chameleon Projects grooves and breaks were derivative and lacklustre and that that band should lay off the chems and the electronics. That's not jungle or drum and bass it's wanky drum and bass grooves, way too much effects on a sh!t guitar style and basically a really annoying band with little going for it. The fact that the Grateful Dead's legacy is somehow insulted by this group deeply offends me.

Luke definitely stirred it up again, that was the goal it seems to me. Light a fire then walk away.

No I didn't miss that part. I guess what Im saying is that Lukes intial post SHOULD have been JUST about the audience-which I would divorce from the band-and his attack on the band seemed sort of more a nasty backhand aside.

You know, if I could edit the original post for cogency and impact.