Jambands.ca

Creepy Guys at Chameleon Project

kung

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, poor luke and his friend. Man, when I go to shows people constantly look at Steph and even come over to try to pick her up, regardless that I'm there and have had my arms around her lots of the time. It sucks but man, that's what happens, especially at a sausage fest in which the audience is all hyped up on shit that will no doubt make them horny and without inhibitions.

I haven't really heard the CP but there's nothing wrong with giving someone's personal view of music. I have a feeling, though, that the view expressed above may have been influenced by the bad night and the audience and I don't like seeing things like that. Just because someone has a bad night doesn't mean the music is bad but then, perhaps it does.

Who knows, who knows, I guess I don't really have much to say here so I'll stop now. I'm looking forward to CP hitting Ottawa (are they? that'd be cool).

Allison, did you miss this part?
On a musical level we both agreed that Chameleon Projects grooves and breaks were derivative and lacklustre and that that band should lay off the chems and the electronics. That's not jungle or drum and bass it's wanky drum and bass grooves, way too much effects on a sh!t guitar style and basically a really annoying band with little going for it. The fact that the Grateful Dead's legacy is somehow insulted by this group deeply offends me.

Luke definitely stirred it up again, that was the goal it seems to me. Light a fire then walk away.

Exact-a-mundo! Drop a bomb and get out of the way. Defend your point I say!? Where did he go?

John Barlow was on The Colbert Report last night talking about the lawsuit brought forward by his Electronic Frontier Foundation thats suing Colbert's parent company (media giant Viacom) for demanding a satirical send-up of The Colbert Report be removed off of YouTube

Colbert looked really stoned (and happy to be talking to John Barlow)

"he recognizes that there is a difference between information and experience and he vastly prefers the latter."

Electronic Frontier Foundation

thats right!

earlier in the show he showed himself (Colbert) being interviewed then encouraged anyone to "try" and piece together a cut-up from the material... the interviewer asked him to pretend he was inhaling a helium balloon (pinched finger inhale) "I love to get high... voice" then asked his favorite type of entertainment "I love cock... fighting... I think about cock... fighting... every day"

funny stuff

I have a feeling, though, that the view expressed above may have been influenced by the bad night and the audience and I don't like seeing things like that. Just because someone has a bad night doesn't mean the music is bad but then, perhaps it does.

I think the reverse happens all the time, though. People have a really fun night, so therefore they review the band as being "awesome". You can have a great audience and a great night and great booze and drugs and be out with all of your great friends and have a great meal and the best sex of your life with four hot, insatiable nymphomaniac college girls but it doesn't necessarily mean that the band was great.

*Disclaimer: I have never heard the Chameleon Project, and have no opinion on them whatsoever.