Jambands.ca

Naps at work?

Ms Zimmy

I'm alone at the office this afternoon, I'm feeling pretty tired and I could take a nap. Now, I wouldn't because I have too much work, I like my work and thinking about getting caught would prevent me from falling asleep....Have any of you fallen asleep at work? Did you get caught?

(I did take a nap once while working at a sawmill in my youth, my boss hit me over the head (hard hat) with a shovel... :) not cool!)

back in the hiking store days, we'd have air mattresses and sleeping bags all set up ready to go in the stock room, tucked away on the bottom scaffolding in the corner - we were all good about covering for each other when someone wanted/needed to go lay down.

when i had my own office (and see-through mirror), it was just as easy to tell people i had "paperwork" to do, lock the door, and get that big leather chair reclined all the way back... a good half-hour/45 is sometimes all it takes.

I'm sure that I fell asleep behind some boxes in a storeroom at either or both Toys R Us and Woolco.

Sometimes my head falls down and I nod off for 15 seconds after a rough night's sleep. When I feel like that, I find an excuse to get up and take a stroll somewhere. I'll also drink water.

Mind you, i think we should all get about 20-30 minutes sleepy time as needed.

A few weeks ago I was having a long Friday at work. My kids were driving me nuts and I was exhausted. Well I convinced the Grade 3 teacher (I teach Grade 4) that what we really needed to do was watch a movie for the afternoon... in her class.

After the movie was on, I descretely left the room to go "mark" and proceded to have one of the great naps of my life on the inflatable couch I have in classroom for silent reading time.

I didn't get caught for that one, but I heard a rumour about a parent coming to talk to me after school one day, and when she came to the classroom she found me snoozing in my chair... whoops... Good thing I am well loved around here.