Jambands.ca

guitars stolen in Ottawa

Velvet

Hey all,

A friend of mine got his house burgled yesterday and lost the following instruments. If you see these around contact the police.

1) Mike Auldridge Signature guitar by Beard Guitars Model MA-6 number 026 with hardshell TKL case. The guitar is black with "hearts and flowers" Gibson banjo style inlay on the neck.

2) 1951 National 6-string electric lap steel. Charcoal grey pearloind coloured body. The original fretboard is missing and has been replaced with a clear plastic fretboard with the fretlines drawn on with marker.

Frack. There have been way too many of these posts lately. So sad. :(

i thought exactly the same thing. this place could almost support a home invasion support group.

condolences to your friend, todd...at least the national with the hand drawn fretboard will be easy to spot in a pawn shop...

Edited by Guest

I'm sure there's a circle in Hell reserved for people who steal instruments. Fuck TVs; you steal a person's capacity to make music, and that's unpardonable.

cutting off the hand of a thief who's been proven to have stolen an instrument doesn't sound unreasonable in my mind

is he covered thru insurance?

i know i am covered for every bit of gear i have, but only because im not a professional gigging musician, my insurance company would only cover 2000$ for professionals. weird eh?

i really hope your buddy gets his stuff back, its a shitty feeling getting robbed.

especially of a 51 national

your insurance company wont cover more for professionals because if they are professional, they are considered doing it as a "business".

home insurance does not "generally" cover anything business related.

i have my fishing equipment insured for almost 10G.

if i guided, i would have to pay about 1500% more in Insurance Premiums....

Its a greater risk to insure someone who plays instruments as their living.....

If you get your instruments put on your house as a "rider", there is worldwide coverage, and in the event of a loss, there is NO DEDUCTIBLE!!!!!

get an accurate replacement cost value (what it would cost you to replace it with like kind and quality) then call your broker.

let them know you have music equipment, for your own personal use, valued at such and such.

they'll advise you whether it would be best to schedule it, or just carry the coverage under you contents insurance....

any more questions, gimme a holler...although I insure Commercial Construction companies, I have access to a lot of home owner and auto information.