Jambands.ca

Just got my tickets to John McLaughlin

bagochips

Tickets on Sale Now - Tickets are $42 reserved and $35 general admission, and go on sale to Ottawa Jazz Festival Members on Monday, July 23 only at the Ottawa Jazz Festival office, 61A York Street - 613-241-2633. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, August 7 at CD Warehouse, Compact Music, Ticketmaster and the Ottawa Jazz Festival office.

John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension

The Ottawa Jazz Festival continues its stellar Fall-Winter season programming with a very special presentation of John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension at the Dominion-Chalmers United Church on Thursday, October 4 at 8pm.

Considered by many critics and fans to be one of the greatest guitar players of all-time, McLaughlin, who has famously performed with Miles Davis and his own historic bands, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Shakti and The Guitar Trio, has put together a stellar outfit to interpret his recent musical direction.

The band will be playing compositions from McLaughlin's recent critically acclaimed Industrial Zen album in addition to some other new pieces. McLaughlin has not toured North America with an electric fusion band for 9 years making this a very welcome event for fans of his music- past and present.

Level 42 and Allan Holdsworth drummer and keyboardist Gary Husband will play percussion and keys, Jeff Beck drummer Mark Mondesir will provide the beat and the young extraordinary French bassist Hadrien Feraud will complete the rhythm section.

http://www.ottawajazzfestival.com/en/events/eventDetails.asp?eventID=113

• 1 month later...
I would love to see this show. Anyone got any info about the Toronto show? It is listed on his site for the next day but I can't seem to find any info.

You probably know where info is for this show now, but if you haven't got tix, now's the time to jump.

I just got an email from Massey Hall listing their fall performers. For fun i went to see what would come up for McLaughlin. Pulled 4th row centre floors!!!! Damn. I really want to see McLauchlin again but i've over done it with concert tix as of late.

Get on there now if you want to pick up some killer seats for the Massey Hall show:

http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ARTHMH%3A0708%3A8BJMCL%3A&linkID=rthmh&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=