Jambands.ca

Goodbye Toronto....

YearsAlongTheSea

That's right, I'm out of there and moving to the Great North(ish). I'm moving to Huntsville; the heart of Muskoka. It's as pretentious as it is beautiful up here but I'm loving it for now. I'm going give building cottages and construction in general a whirl. Seems like a good time.

Anyways, I'll still try to get down yonder for weekends, I'd imagine, as I try out the reverse-flow populace evasion program (a.k.a. cottagers come up, I go down, and vice-versa).

So, I've never asked for good vibes, nor do I really want any, but a little luck wishing and fishing never hurt...

Take care and see you all 'round the bend...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'll still try to get down yonder for weekends, I'd imagine, as I try out the reverse-flow populace evasion program (a.k.a. cottagers come up, I go down, and vice-versa).

so I guess I'll never hang with you again then ;)

I can't stand this city any longer myself.

That car (with the 3 letter bombs in it) parked at the gas station (did you hear/read about that?) was just down from where I live... it's too fuckin crazy for me around here.

Take a Saturday in October and come visit me in Gooderham...harvest time :)

Fuck...who am I going to go to shows with now!?

ok..selfish rant over

best of luck brother

learn some mad skills and then build ME a cottage dude!

peace

bones

great news YATS (and all y'all others with plans for more saner, greener pastures.....

Look out the window, what do I see?

Cows hangin' out under spreading trees.

Zoom! They're gone behind the sign

White letters pointing to the long white line

and I'm going to the country

O, la la la la la

I'm going to the country

Sunshine smile on me

I can smell the grass growing in the field

Wind in my hair tells me how it feels

Farm house, silver roof flashing by

Tractor-trailer truck says goodbye with a sigh

And I'm going to the country

O, la la la la la

I'm going to the country

Sunshine smile on me

Birds singing, I'm singing in my bones

Doesn't much matter now where I'm going

Get it when I get there is what I'll do

If I get enough I'll give some to you

And I'm going to the country

O, happy as can be

I'm going to the country

Sunshine smile on me

BRUCE COCKBURN

almost 2 years to the day we left the Big Smog and no regrets. While getting used to more conservative neighbours [we thought we'd eventually find the other freaks...turns out WE'RE the freaks] is a pain, the multitude of other delights has been worth it!

There have been so many songs written about moving to the country (now there's a 12-song game theme!) that clearly there's something to it. Cities and their conveniences will always be there for a visit and occasional thrill, but green + water....ahhhhh, now that = peace and contentment

Thank you all for your well wishing and the likes. So far so good. Now, I got some questions/feedback...

Allison - Any advice on cool spots to meet like minded cats in Huntsville? Any insider knowledge at all for that matter...

Bokonon - I don't fish. It was a pun. You can pretend I do though if it makes me that cool.

Nibbler - If you're talking commune; I'm all in...

Bones - I'm in Toronto now and wondering why, so I'm sure I'll be making mad dashes over to your property and will be down for shows in general. Turn that frown upside down...

Boiler Rat - Congrats. I love Georgian Bay, hope you find the same once you get settled in...

Capt'n Sunshine - Biscuits in Buffalo? No doubt; see you there....

You all rock. Thanks again for the kind words....