Jambands.ca

nero roll call

wavinginthewind

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was blown away on Saturday night. I only saw nero once, briefly, before the “hiatus.†And, that was just part of a set while opening up for Metalwood. I went to the Saturday show last year as well and had a great time. But this show just did it for me. I wish that I had seen these guys more when they were regularly playing. Hopefully, these reunion shows will be an annual thing. I’ll go both nights next year if at all possible.

I even managed to stay on my feet for most of the show - finally had to sit down by the encore. (Hey, I’m usually in bed by 11PM. It’s tough staying up so late these days.) As tired as I was, I just couldn’t leave. At least I made it through the whole show - can’t say that for everybody that I went with! It’s all about pacing, people.

Sunday was a bit rough. Had to be up early to go to Mitzvah Day at the JCC with the kids. Someone else (who had also been up late the night b4) asked me is she looked as bad as I did! Apparently my eyes were slits.

well Mammoth that got a lurker to post.

lol

it just seemed as though we lost our team captain or something.

or something

i'm blaming the stuffed up head and no eats and

i'm sticking with that story

for now anyways.

was good seeing ya mammoth

thanks for the party Nero

see ya next year

well Mammoth that got a lurker to post.

lol

it just seemed as though we lost our team captain or something.

or something

i'm blaming the stuffed up head and no eats and

i'm sticking with that story

for now anyways.

was good seeing ya mammoth

thanks for the party Nero

see ya next year

Hey, you at least made it into the 2nd set - which is better than some! :)

(btw - your old name was freerange)

I now remember why I enjoy this band so much ... soaring swirly pyschedelic sounds with grooves that make me move and prog rock riffs that make me pump my fist.

Thanks to the band and to the wonderful friends that I reconnected with this past weekend ... my soul is definitely re-energized!

Let's do it again!

Peace, Mark

i've still got these shows ringin' in my ears... due in large part to mr. M's lightning fast uploads... so, musical highlights anyone?

for me...

the opening intro on night 1 leading into breakline - perfect way to slide into it all

that nasty shit dave was pullin' off in the middle of darius

all the heavy stuff

everlasting beautiful night - great song, really reminds me of my other favourite trio ;)

both of the covers, especially Time - choice picks, dudes

and the entire 2nd set of night 2. it was like a bomb went off in my brain.

Thank you nero and the Capital City crew for giving us such a great weekend. We had a blast.

I really enjoyed all the music. It's amazing that these guys can bring it so hard with only playing together once a year.

One of the best things that I enjoyed about the music, was that they seemed to be trying some new things. There were a few times mid jam where I thought 'wow, I haven't heard them do that before'

It takes a lot of courage to take risks and not just fall back on the usual stuff and I think it payed off in a big way. Maybe hinting at some new things to come??? One can always hope.

Thanks again to everyone. The opportunities to dance and lose yourself in music made in the moment are getting hard to find and I am so thankful when it does happen. It's like charging the batteries.

I really hope that nero will keep playing and that we get a chance to do it again. Maybe even in some warmer weather ;)

ps. Thanks for the medicated. I love the heavy shit.