Jambands.ca

nero roll call

wavinginthewind

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't usually get all sentimental, but last night was the best fucking night hands down i've had in a really long time. from the pre-party to the stumble home in the not-so-early morning, it was awesome. so thanks to everyone that made it that way, there are probably a hundred of you. so good to see the out-of-towners and meet a hell of a lot of new people too.

also, who knew Whitey could air-keyboard?!?

ps - can we do that again sometime please?

i don't usually get all sentimental, but last night was the best fucking night hands down i've had in a really long time. from the pre-party to the stumble home in the not-so-early morning, it was awesome. so thanks to everyone that made it that way, there are probably a hundred of you.

^^^ Sums it up quite nicely. It was awesome meeting the lot of you too, can finally put some faces to names, and thanks for being such cool hosts, especially Guigsy.

But next time in Toronto though, right ;) ?

SORRY GIRLS, I'M GAY!!

please tell me someone got a picture of punk in that t-shirt? :D heehee

thank you so much, ottawa!!! i had so much fun, it was all just too damn short. i couldn't believe how fast that whole night sped by, i wish i had more quality time with all of you.

scot & steph, i fricken love you guys, thanks for being such fabulous hosts.

guigsy, you're a brave man and a good sport for hosting the post-activities. your lionel richie poster collection warms my heart.

thanks also to northern wish & his ladylove for the charming pre-gathering.

and of course, huge thanks to the pink thing for getting us there.

ahhhhh, what fun. SOOOOOOOOOO great to see all of you! it was even worth the longass drive! :D

thanks nero, for giving everyone a reason to get together like that (and a great one at that). looking forward to the next time!

who's wavinginthewind?

Seriously.

i call alt, and i think it smells like CAKE.

Yes yes and yes.

Good thing I wasn't starting a thread looking for toys and clothes though- the fire was contained to the balcony. Lesson learned: don't light candles unattended when you are drunk at 6pm.

Thanks to all, but top props to the boys of course (Jay Dave Punk); and also to Guigsy Crystal and Evil for giving us a place to get together....

S

Wow! What a fun weekend! Thanks so much to Nero for stepping up and delivering a great performance. It's funny, as much as I enjoy Nero's covers, I was thinking to myself that I would rather have heard another nero tune instead (although they were some choice covers). Gotta get our fix while we can. I haven't had that much fun at a show since last year!

Thanks to the whole O-town crew for being amazing hosts! It was so good to see so many old friends. The whole nero thing is pretty special and I feel very lucky to have discovered so many great friends through the magic of music. Let's hope nero decides to do it again soon!

holy crap, what a great weekend. how do they keep getting more and more amazing. i loved nero. i loved seeing everyone. jaybone.....so glad you were there and not at 'dirty dancing, the musical'......although i'm sure that rocked in it's own way.

I was blown away on Saturday night. I only saw nero once, briefly, before the “hiatus.†And, that was just part of a set while opening up for Metalwood. I went to the Saturday show last year as well and had a great time. But this show just did it for me. I wish that I had seen these guys more when they were regularly playing. Hopefully, these reunion shows will be an annual thing. I’ll go both nights next year if at all possible.

I even managed to stay on my feet for most of the show - finally had to sit down by the encore. (Hey, I’m usually in bed by 11PM. It’s tough staying up so late these days.) As tired as I was, I just couldn’t leave. At least I made it through the whole show - can’t say that for everybody that I went with! It’s all about pacing, people.

Sunday was a bit rough. Had to be up early to go to Mitzvah Day at the JCC with the kids. Someone else (who had also been up late the night b4) asked me is she looked as bad as I did! Apparently my eyes were slits.

Awesome....thank you so much.I am another who only got to see nero live towards the end of things...I am so glad that there are these reunion shows.The show was so amazing I seemed to even stay happy through my seven hour,hungover with two hours of sleep drive home.

I like you people.Great to meet new faces...and stare at my familiar favorites in drunken happiness.

Thanks to guigsy for the afterparty!!

Edited by Guest