Jambands.ca

Accepting being an alcoholic...

PassedOutGuy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best of luck with it bob! While I'm not at the point of wanting (or needing to, I think) swear off the booze, some added discipline is definitely needed on my end too. Too many embarassing moments and lost mornings in the last couple of months. Hopefully 3 months in a predominantly muslim country will help get things back in line.

YEAAAH Forbin!!!

U can doo it :D..stay strong and If U ever feel like U might drink tell someone.. maybe post it on here.. I'm sure that everyone would help U out with some encouraging words or hugs or whatever.. :D

Stay postive and enjoy the rest of your life... :D

~Sarah

Edited by Guest

POG I hope you do not mind if I throw in my 2 cents. In the short term 'support' might help out a lot. AA has been a great resource for my own efforts. Like everything else in life however there is good and bad and you might first be turned off by meetings you show up at AKA look around. The one I go to never brings in the G O D word. I had the good fotune to meet a very bright man in rehab that put it into words that I could deal with. The 2nd and 3rd step to me are the recognition that I am need to be willing to work with others (2) and have faith in this Power Greater than myself (3). Its been over a year and a half and while things have not changed: family, job, house, etc Life is so much better. I have given up something I never thought I would (or wanted too) and have gained so much in return. Feel free to PM me. Its amazing how much it can help when you 'talk' with like minded individuals.

PS If you were not exercising before you 'might' not want to worry about it now. In the short term you focus on the task at hand, you'll figure out what you need to do to help you along in this journey. *I was hoping you would'nt change your avatar. I still have bottle caps in my car.

Thanks BF... those are very inspirational words... and no to changing the avatar, I just brought back my original nick from when the board started... I just may turn to you for some insights and questions...

as for AA, in the short term its not on the plate... i really am a strong person and with my wife ( who really does have more willpower than me) doing this as well I/we have alot of support... we have been reading alot as i have access to a huge library ( I work at Chapters) and are starting out on the right foot...

And its good to hear that you yourself are a year and a half in... that gives me inspiration as well... good on you and thanks!

As I understand (part of)the story Carl Jung was working with someone with whom he could not help. So he says I do not know what to do but I heard how one guy was helped by finding GOD. So that person ends up being in among the first founders of AA (thus the GOD stuff). So in the end, in my life, it has been this adoption of a 'spirtual life' that has taken me were I am. I was always the 'fool on the hill' on my 'vision quest' aided with some really stong beer. I'm still the fool and still on the VQ but with a different angle. I have noticed that those who have successfully traversed this path have done so nurturing the 'spitual side' of themselves. I know that this all sounds queer but... I am in no way the poster child of AA. I really do not do much of anything that they are into but I have found in It a place were I can develop and nurture my spirtuality. Believe me my 'higher power' has nothing really do with GOD. Blasphemy but true. I guess the moral of the story... Everything is easier when you got faith [nice qoute even if I say so myself- ha ha]. Its not so much about AA as it is about 'the like minded people'. I feel dirty, I feel like I'm a proselytizing. My only advice: If you got It, nurture It. If you do not have It, go out and find IT.

well, if you must know... we were too busy at the end of November, we are not allowed to book one in December... and its taken until now because of certain January job requirements to actually be able to host one.

Now when are you gonna come out and play some darts out here... we have a pretty sweet set up now...