Jambands.ca

Accepting being an alcoholic...

PassedOutGuy

Well the time has come to truly call it quits... while I tried once before Ive finally come to realize, with the help of my beautiful wife, that I have an addiction... and one that isnt helping my life in any way... So this is day four of sobriety... can't say i wont smoke a bowl or two here or there but i have had my last beer... Mellie and I are doing this together which will only help with support ofr both of us... so wish us well... this will indeed be a long journey...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dave... for the longest time ive always "said" im going to cut down or just not buy that case but somehow im still going though 2 to 3 cases a week... too much is enough!

2 or 3 24's a week! You are doing the right thing Bob. Best of luck and get into the gym, take up karate/judo or start running. It'll help you in so many ways. BTW, beer is a major carcinogen that leads to colorectal cancer.

Thanks Dave... for the longest time ive always "said" im going to cut down or just not buy that case but somehow im still going though 2 to 3 cases a week... too much is enough!

2 or 3 24's a week! You are doing the right thing Bob. Best of luck and get into the gym' date=' take up karate/judo or start running. It'll help you in so many ways. BTW, beer is a major carcinogen that leads to colorectal cancer. [/quote']

Well Mellie would help a wee bit sometimes there Dave come on now...:) Thats beside the point... Like i said, day four and im still alive!! Now to begin the next chapter of our lives... we appreciate the encouragement...

Guest Low Roller

Good luck Bob!

It takes brains to realize you have a problem, courage to admit it, and will power to deal with it. Stamina comes from the support you get from those around you.

Congratulations to both of you! Take it one day at a time, and get help (and/or ask for help) if you ever need it.

im still going though 2 to 3 cases a week

I just did a quick price check, and Lucky is just over $25 for 24 bottles, so you'll be saving at least $2500 a year. What could you do with an extra $2500 (that's 2500 after-tax dollars, mind you) in 2008? :thumbup:

Aloha,

Brad

Congrats, PoG (although, I sense you'll have to change your nick ;) ) I've had a couple of friends quit with the help of AA and it really seemed to work for them. Especially helpful were their sponsors - people who had lived thru the same experiences, good and bad, and been encouraging and supportive.

And double negative karma points to any of your friends who give you guff or offer you "just one beer, man, it's only one beer."

Sounds like 2008 will be an important year for you. Congrats!

(((((((Bob & Mellie)))))))

those are some warm hugs for both of you

you are one of my dearest friends Bob and I wish you all the best

We aren't the 20 year olds we once were when we met so long ago (ok..you were like 17 or som'n), so it's ok to let go of our reckless youth.

I know you can do it! You have impressed me in the past with your courage and determination.

You have a beautiful wife and a family of friends that love you a lot, so keep that in mind.

If it helps...take a look at me.

Did you EVER think I would actually quit smokin' the herb!?!

I'm on day 29 without and it's a clearer world out there :)

The first few days (maybe even weeks) will be the hardest, but it WILL get easier.

And now I can come out to Oshawa and hang out and not have the..I want to drink some beers, but can't because I have to drive..bullshit.

It feels good to grow out of bad habits.

Stay strong my brother :thumbup:

Good luck Bob.

Im in the middle of the whole quitting smoking battle myself and it gets pretty sticky at times. But hang in there...if theres one thing I've noticed, its when you go to bed craving but dont indulge. You wake up in the morining and feel f'n fantastic about yourself! Stay positive dude!

Edited by Guest

I very rarely smoke pot. It makes me paranoid and crazy not fun and excited like it did in high school. I found that it helped me a lot when I detoxed. I was coming down off a lot of other stuff too though.

Also, AA wasn't for me. Addictions counseling was great though. One on one, no god bullshit. I really got a lot out of it.