Jambands.ca

Jamhub.ca no more?

Walletsworth

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically, jamhub uses freeware called PHPNuke for the entire site. It is full of security holes and the dudes who wrote it do not fix them. There are fixes out there, but it takes probably too much time to keep up with the holes these days. see here for more info on that

It is flagged as a malicious site at the following link which the latest firefox pointed me to. Firefox wouldn't even load up the redirect. I just got a major warning for malicious software.

"Reported Attack Site!

This web site at jamhub.ca has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

Someone decided to forward traffic here, but I'm not comfortable with people thinking that jambands.ca has malicious software. I'm also not sure what happens when someone with malicious software installed visits here. Will the software scripts "phone home"?

I know that jambands.ca is bulletproof and the folks who wrote the site take great care in security alerts for PHP, and Mysql databases. They've provided security fixes in the past and I know that their servers are well protected as well. I made sure of that when I began hosting the site with them. It ain't cheap.

I know that jambands.ca is bulletproof and the folks who wrote the site take great care in security alerts for PHP, and Mysql databases. They've provided security fixes in the past and I know that their servers are well protected as well. I made sure of that when I began hosting the site with them. It ain't cheap.

say the word, and another FUNdraiser will materialize :)

It is flagged as a malicious site at the following link which the latest firefox pointed me to. Firefox wouldn't even load up the redirect. I just got a major warning for malicious software.

I knew something was up when I saw this over two months ago. (screenshot of warning)

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13535540mz3.jpg

Hopefully, no personal info has been comprimised.

say the word, and another FUNdraiser will materialize :)

:thumbup:

Edited by Guest

Its a damn shame! I was a member on jamhub for Years. I can't believe they'd just let it go to shit like that. So many ppl used it as the 1 stop to find out "the goings on" as far as live shows in the area. It was a great F'n site for a long time, sorry to see it go.

DoubleB was out for Stapes bday the other night, and a bunch of us told him about the virus issues- of which he was not aware. I am guessing he shut it down once he found out. J, yeah its too bad its gone- but why can't someone out East start a site for the Maritimes (the dude running the hub is from Ottawa), or just take advantage of sites already there (monctonlocals comes to mind)?

Or you can all come here and rave about Sloco!!! Where the hell is Esjay when you want him?