Jambands.ca

Radiohead Roll Call T.O.

scottieking

I miss Radiohead circa 1996.

If I were comfortable calling you by your real name in a sully tone right now, I would.

So instead I ask a question thing because I need some clarification. Pre-Ok Computer or Ok Computer or post-Ok Computer.

Which do you miss?

::still waiting for skanky TO opinions about tonights show::

Ha! Radiohead circa 1996, that reminds me of friends who were all like "It was all downhill for Wilco post Summerteeth", only to find out that they were so, so wrong later on. No accounting for taste I guess. In all fairness though, if you drink the water and breathe the air in Brantford for long enough you will start to digress and turn all cro-magnan and shit so it all starts to make sense. I was born and partially raised there so believe me I know what I'm talking about here.

Anyways, great show from start to finish from my perspective. Everything seems a touch too well rehearsed but to great effect so you really can't knock them for being a bit polished. Otherwise, you may as well do 2 sets if you're going to squeeze half of the show into the encore, I would rather settle in for a nice intense hour ride than think it's all basically over, no it's not, OK here comes some more etc. Hard to settle in after a pont but I loved every minute of it all the same.

And also, why did they blow their brains out on the light show at the very end??? That one very saturated effect that they did was unbelievable and I think that if you have that shit ripe and ready to go it's unfair to wait until the very end to bust it out. A few extra doses of that shit would have made my year.

Anyhoo, here's the setlist:

Radiohead Toronto Setlist

15 Step

Reckoner

Optimistic

There There

Morning Bell

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Arpeggi

The Gloaming

A Wolf At The Door