Jambands.ca

Roll call: voted

Velvet

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBC says Conservative minority.

The only silver lining I can see is that the Liberals are likely to change leadership. I just couldn't see them ever regaining power with him at the helm. I'm sure I'd enjoy his company and he's certainly bright but he's just not a leader.

Who's up next? Bob? Michael? Justin?

I look forward to Justin's time coming but it's many years off yet.

First, I'm not a Liberal. But second, I can't see either Bob or Michael winning.

Michael is a pompus ass. And Bob is an NDPer (although I suppose Justin'd dad was too, and it worked out for him in the Liberal party didn't it? And I guess, I should also point out that most NDPers wouldn't consider Bob and NDPer...)

Personally, I think the system really needs to change. I'd like to see a more european system. POssibly proportional representation with more parties and coallition gov'ts. We've got the Liberals NDP Bloc and Green on the Left. The Conservatives and Liberals on the Right. Split the Conservatives up to the Tories, Reform etc.

Get used to minority gov'ts and make them govern in the interest of Canada.

Or we could just spend millions on useless elections that don't change anything every two years...

greens infuriate me..

Why would May even try and run in that seat?

That was a stupid move on her part. Green's infuriate you but that doesn't mean they infuriate everybody. Perhaps some people believe they want something different. At least the Green's are a true national party that runs candidates in every riding. Perhaps some are tired of what is our basically 2 party system. Really the only true way this country can work is based on some sort of representational government.

In our riding the Green Candidate came in a solid second with 27% of the vote. That may piss you off but I think its great that there are that many people in our area who are looking for something different.

Politics is fun isn't it.

greens infuriate me..

Why would May even try and run in that seat?

That was a stupid move on her part. Green's infuriate you but that doesn't mean they infuriate everybody. Perhaps some people believe they want something different. At least the Green's are a true national party that runs candidates in every riding. Perhaps some are tired of what is our basically 2 party system. Really the only true way this country can work is based on some sort of representational government.

In our riding the Green Candidate came in a solid second with 27% of the vote. That may piss you off but I think its great that there are that many people in our area who are looking for something different.

Politics is fun isn't it.

The Green's energy would be better spent working within one of the other parties to push them towards their view. Its been done in the past.

And to say they are a true national party is bogus. Most of their candidates were not running for election but instead simply volunteer to put their names on the ballot. They did not "campaign" but instead simply used up media time and debate time from the other candidates (and used up their votes). I admit that this may not have been true in all ridings, but it is true in most. Hell, half of their candidates are older than McCain!

Green Party = conservative minority.

Way to stand up for the environment Greens!

I think to blame the Conservative Minority on the Greens is a bit much as well. But then this is politics and we will not be able to come to an agreement on this.

Perhaps had the liberals had someone like Bob Rae leading the ticket they would have had a better showing and we wouldn't be blaming the Greens for stealing the election away like people blamed Nader in the USA.

Green Party = conservative minority.

Specious reasoning at best.

First, I admit I don't know the definition of specious and only have one browser open, so dictionary.com isn't an option.

Also, it may have taken an Liberal/NDP coallition, but if you actually look at how many conservative seats were won by a margin of less votes than the Greens got I think you'll find support for my argument. I didn't go through teh seats 1x1, but I had a look through and counted quite a few. If it were as many as 16 that went to the Liberals or NDP then it would have been possible... (depending on independents too I guess).

Our system sucks.

I think to blame the Conservative Minority on the Greens is a bit much as well. But then this is politics and we will not be able to come to an agreement on this.

Perhaps had the liberals had someone like Bob Rae leading the ticket they would have had a better showing and we wouldn't be blaming the Greens for stealing the election away like people blamed Nader in the USA.

I'm curious as to whether people would support Rae given that he's an NDPer gone to pitch for the winning team.

I know they do in his riding, which has always been liberal. But would the rest of the counrty give him the keys to 24 sussex?

Warning: corny "my kid is the cutest" comment coming up:

So last night Fista and I tell our 4 yr old boy that we have to go vote. "What's voting?" he asks.

"Well", I say, "There are 5 people running to be the leader of Canada and your mom and I have to choose which one we want to do it. The person who gets the most 'votes' wins."

He sits there quitely for a couple of minutes and then says to me, "Daddy, you should be the leader of Canada."

I love my kid.

Warning: corny "my kid is the cutest" comment coming up:

So last night Fista and I tell our 4 yr old boy that we have to go vote. "What's voting?" he asks.

"Well", I say, "There are 5 people running to be the leader of Canada and your mom and I have to choose which one we want to do it. The person who gets the most 'votes' wins."

He sits there quitely for a couple of minutes and then says to me, "Daddy, you should be the leader of Canada."

I love my kid.

Your first "yes man." Do you think the House of Commons would go for a hockey pool?