Jambands.ca

Roll call: voted

Velvet

I just came back from the polls.

I encourage one and all to vote (as the saying goes, vote early and vote often). This country asks very little of it's population, and this is the big request. Democracy works best if everyone votes.

For those that think their vote doesn't count: under our fairly new system each vote sends $2 directly to the party voted for, and besides, if you don't vote you make someone elses vote worth double. You don't want to make some stupid-heads vote worth double do you?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By law everyone gets 3 hours to vote during regular business hours.

I think there's a bit more subtlety to the law. i.e. You are entitled to a voting period of 3 consecutive hours and if this is not possible without leaving work then your employeer is obligated to let you take the time off.

In my case I get off at 5pm, polls close at 9:30pm so there's my 3 hours. i.e. I don't get to leave work early.

Roll call - can't get Elections Canada site to work properly. Yes, thank you for telling me where my advance poll is. Now tell me where the poll is TODAY ferfuck'ssake.

Hope it will be fixed by voting time

I just tried

http://www.elections.ca/scripts/pss/FindED.aspx?L=e

and, for my postal code (in Ottawa-West Nepean), it worked fine.

You can also call Elections Canada at 1-866-256-2873.

I voted today.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I just tried

http://www.elections.ca/scripts/pss/FindED.aspx?L=e

and, for my postal code (in Ottawa-West Nepean), it worked fine.

still doesn't work for me. K2P 0W4. the correct answer is dominion chalmers church, poll 079.

that website - i put in my postal code, then select 'where do i vote' under voting process, then it says it can't find my postal code "Your postal code did not identify a polling station for advance voting. Please enter your address below, or call the office below for assistance." note that i don't care about advance polling today. I've entered it with a space, without a space, with caps, without caps, etc.

so i called them. they were very fast and gave me the necessary info. wonder why the site won't work though.

mandatory jailtime for first time drug charges... for youth.

no sarcasm, no smilies and apparently no empathy.

maybe we can give the homeless tax cuts so that they can get jobs.

enlightening stuff.

I just gave my donation to the demogogue who I think is most likely to admit that they may need to re-evaluate a plan in light of current circumstances. Between my good friend and I, we've thrust four dollars of mandate towards the two on the left.

Interestingly, I asked the man behind the table at my polling station why Elections Canada had imposed the "proof of identity" test on our voting process. I asked "If there were really that many people trying to falsify their identities?" He winked (for real) and said that they told him that "It wasn't such a problem in London but moreso in Toronto or Hamilton or Vancouver. You know?" So I said, "Like where Muslim women might try and vote?" He laughed and winked again, saying "No comment, I guess. We'll talk after you're done."

When he saw my straight face, he stopped laughing and turned away with red cheeks.

happy election day

Canada?