Jambands.ca

Bye Bye Bush and Cheney

Velvet

Yah, good fuggin' riddance...unfortunately Bush & Cheney had the time of their lives at the expense of America and it's people...

Give Obama positive vibes 'cause he's gonna need all the strength he can find to start to fix the mess he's been given...

We all watched the inauguration today at work and somebody commented how well Obama will sleep tonight after the 10 Balls he's attending today to which I replied, "he won't sleep for at least the next four years"...

Another Obama body tingling speach! :)

If by that you mean another short on content, rhetoric driven sermon then I whole heartedly agree.

The way everybody has been talking about Barry O. you'd think all the world's issues will be solved by the end of the week. He's already back peddling on a good number of his campaign promises. This guy's bitten off far more than he can chew and that'll become clear once his honeymoon is over.

Mark my words, history will look much more kindly on the Bush II administration after Obama's one term debacle is over in four years.

If by that you mean another short on content, rhetoric driven sermon then I whole heartedly agree.

The way everybody has been talking about Barry O. you'd think all the world's issues will be solved by the end of the week. He's already back peddling on a good number of his campaign promises. This guy's bitten off far more than he can chew and that'll become clear once his honeymoon is over.

Mark my words, history will look much more kindly on the Bush II administration after Obama's one term debacle is over in four years.

Whatever dude.

That he doesn't say "new-kew-lar" alone places his legacy head and shoulders above GWB's.

Such as?

How about bringing 'change' to DC? This is hardly evidenced in his selections of Biden, Clinton, and Panetta; all long time Washington insiders.

Since the election Obama has 'refined' his withdrawl committment from Iraq, he's backed off his tough talk to break the NAFTA agreement, he's become far less bold in his promises to 'unconditionally' meet with terrorist leaders, he's now contemplating corporate tax cuts.

It's classic election year politics. He moved to the center, told the lemmings what they needed to hear, won the election and then changed his tune.

oh the sarcasm runs deep, eh Constable. Lowest form of intelligence one might say ;)

Sure he's backpedaling on shit...they all do. That's election rhetoric at it's shiny best, but to say that people will look back favourably in any way at Bush II's terms is ludicrous. The man was a moron and if Obama only does 1 thing while in office, and that is raise the morale of the American consumer/manufacturer, he's a success. People only want to feel good about their President because nothing ever really changes. I agree with ya about the speech though...very devoid of content overall.

Now go crawl back under the broken right wing ya came from ;)

edit to add: let's not overlook the moves he has already done 2 days into office.

-freezing the salaries of White House Staff

-closing Guantanamo (or having a plan to) (which i know you hardcore right wingers hate...where will we torture our prisoners now???)

-personal call to the leaders of Israel, Egypt, Jordan and the Palestinian Authority to make good on his Middle East involvement.

-held a meeting of his national security staff and his military commander and ambassador in Iraq "to get a full update on the situation".

not bad for 2 days. that Dickhead Bush took 6 years to even VISIT Canada.