Jambands.ca

Bluesfest tonight

phorbesie

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I was the only one who went to Styx ... damn fine show, really, they mostly played their earlier stuff and didn't do Mr. Roboto (thank god) or much of their cheesier, more MOR , Dennis DeYoung-centric later material. Lawrence Gowan did an admirable job, didn't think he'd be able to take the higher notes but he nailed them. "Crystal Ball" ... where the heck has this song been all my life?

Did anyone else find Claypool a little dull? The show was an artistic success and you can't question the musicianship but I wasn't exactly pining for more when all was said and done.

what I saw was facking killer. what were you expecting? it's BLUESFEST!

Did anyone else find Claypool a little dull? The show was an artistic success and you can't question the musicianship but I wasn't exactly pining for more when all was said and done.

What does that mean?

Anyway, are you saying you didn't stick around for the whole set? I just thought it got a little tedious by the end.

This coming from a guy that endorses and loves both a Genesis cover band and the new Beverly Hills 90210.

Anyway' date=' are you saying you didn't stick around for the whole set? I just thought it got a little tedious by the end.

[/quote']

I didn't mean to connect "what were you expecting" and "it's bluesfest". That was just a remark like "It's gorgeous outside!". pointless typing really.

I couldn't stick around for more than 20 minutes because sharon jones was about to soul up the blacksheep stage.

This coming from a guy that endorses and loves both a Genesis cover band and the new Beverly Hills 90210.

Ollie, if you love Genesis you have to check out Zeus covering, thats all....soooo gooood!

http://www.myspace.com/barsellotti

Are you drinking at work again?

I didn't mean to connect "what were you expecting" and "it's bluesfest". That was just a remark like "It's gorgeous outside!". pointless typing really.

Ah, ok. I pretty much got what I expected then. All I was wondering is if anyone else got a little bored by the end. It's BLUESFEST!

Ah' date=' ok. I pretty much got what I expected then. All I was wondering is if anyone else got a little bored by the end. It's BLUESFEST!

[/quote']

Sharon Jones really took over the night. I've heard SO much about her that it was impossible not to head over there. It's BLUESFEST!

In case people don't log on here on the weekends, be sure not to miss The Low Anthem (Saturday, 3:30, Subway Stage) and The Deep Dark Woods (Saturday, 5:45, BlackSheep Stage)

I can't wait for Deep Dark Woods and of course DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS!!! It's BOOZEFEST!!!

Edited by Guest