Jambands.ca

Bluesfest tonight

phorbesie

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big boo-urns to whoever decided to re-schedule Land Of Talk, and then un-re-schedule it. I was looking forward to giving them another try, and I especially wanted to see Andrew Barr playing drums with them, but I ended up missing their set. :(

Aloha,

Brad

I've heard of em, about 15 years ago. I had no idea there were even somewhat relevant anymore. Then they played Interstate Love Song and the place went nuts. then Plush and the place went more nuts, then hit after hit some of which I even forgot were STP tunes..... I thought that last night was going to be a disaster attendance wise for Blues Fest.

The chanting of STP proved me wrong before they even took the stage.

And they honestly weren't half bad either!

What are people excited for on today's bill? Marc Charron (Blacksheep Stage, 6:15pm) is always fun, and I definitely want to check out Ice Cube (Bank of America Stage, 7:00pm), and Toots & the Maytals (Hard Rock Cafe Stage, 9:30pm) looks fun. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Aloha,

Brad

chilly...

cloudy...

rainy...

are these the ONLY weather choices for Bluesfest this year?

tonight for us:

Spencer Davis 6:30pm @ Subway Stage

Joe Louis Walker 7:45pm @ Hard Rock Cafe Stage

The Yardbirds 7:45pm @ Subway Stage

Toots & the Maytals 9:30pm @ Hard Rock Cafe Stage

Our Lady Peace 9:30pm @ Bank of America Stage (ummm, yeah...by request of our pre-teen daughter)

Thin yes, but his cheeks weren't as hollow as I've seen in the past. I was actually thinking he looked good and sober- TILL HE SPOKE. No way that guy was on (in) anything less than a giant K HOLE. Sounded like he was talking after taking a giant balloon when he spoke about the fishing experience.

Physically he looked clean. But he sure as hell didn't sound it.

I should say that he has clearly had some vocal training, as his voice was pretty dynamic if a little weak for the large sound at times.

Gene Simmons is at Al's Steak House on Elgin Street having dinner right now. There are cop cars flanking his limo, lots of people taking pictures of him through the open windows, and at least one TV crew. Guess what the front page of the paper will be tomorrow?