Jambands.ca

Phish 8/13/09 Darien Lake, NY

boogieknight

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But couldnt you have just said " fuck tweeting"? Isn't it about the show anymore?

I don't think you would have hurt the blog. Or did they pay for your tix and VIP ?

If he'd been told he wouldn't be allowed back in, I'm sure he wouldn't have bothered. However, he had made a commitment and was attempting to live up to it.

Only 11 arrests at the show last night!! One from Toronto too (anyone know 'em?)

http://www.thebatavian.com/blogs/howard-owens/eleven-arrests-reported-phish-concert-darien-lake/8572

The following arrests were made last night in conjunction with the Phish concert at Darien Lake Theme Park:

Matthew Maziarz, 26, of 216 Spaulding St., North Tonawanda, charged with criminal possession of marijuana.

Ryan P. Flannery, 20, 52 Lookout View Road, Fairport, allegedly found with LSD and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.

Ramon Ratiniskiy, 18, of 1048 N. French Road, Amherst, and a 16-year-old companion where charged with petit larceny for allegedly pushing a Darien Lake water cart through the crowd allowing patrons to take water for free.

Nhut D. Frawley, 41, 2 Brookside Drive, Catawissa, Pa., was allegedly found in possession of LSD and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance. He was jailed on $500 bail.

Michael R. Sunley, 26, of 3893 Foleys Trail, Lexington, Ky., was charged with selling a noxious material. Sunley was allegedly selling balloons containing nitrous oxide. He was jailed on $500 bail.

Michael E. Mugridge, 24, of 47 Coldwater St., Hillsdale, was charged with disorderly conduct. He was jailed on $250 bail.

Justin D. Ritchie, 27, of 19 Chestnut St., Waretown, N.J., was allegedly found in possession of psilocybin (hallucinogenic) mushrooms. He was charged with possession of a controlled substance. Ritchie was jailed on $500 bail.

Robert J. Krueger, 37, of 38 Kenneth Ave., Toronto, Ontario, Canada, was charged with disorderly conduct for allegedly trying to break into vehicles in the parking lot. He was jailed on $500 bail.

Richard W. Tweedy, 24, of 6011 Fallough St., Taylor, Mich., was charged with selling a noxious material. Tweedy was allegedly selling balloons containing nitrous oxide. He was jailed on $500 bail.

Dianna M. Quinn, 36, of 65 Ashwood Lane, Phoenixville, Pa., was charged with selling a noxious material. Tweedy was allegedly selling balloons containing nitrous oxide. He was jailed on $500 bail.

I'll juxtapose Basher's ordeal with my Darien scoreage. Hit up the box office when I got to the show and picked up a 16th row dead center seat. I guess they released whatever tix friends and family didn't take and there were a few available. Lost out on the tix I had to sell at $20ea but it was well worth it.

Not the most off the hook show of all time but still quite good all the same. Def some flubs and so forth but they played through them well. Dinner & A Movie and My Friend were great to see and Rift and The Horse>Silent were a treat as well. I would say that it was pretty up and down, some of it was great and some of it was meh(Caspian). All in all fairly solid song selection and well executed overall. They could have pushed it a bit harder but it was still a lot of fun and clearly they were having a lot of fun playing as well. Page could have been a bit hotter in the mix, they seem to be pushing Trey above everyone else which is a bit annoying.

Nice to have the boys back...

agreed...as much a trey fan as anyone...but if they turned him down one or two notches i think the mix would sound better

and basher...that sucks man. sorry.its totally who you run into. my ticket wouldnt scan for NYE 2003 and it was a mail order that I got so i knew it was legit,...and the girl just said go ahead.

Edited by Guest

But couldnt you have just said " fuck tweeting"? Isn't it about the show anymore?

I don't think you would have hurt the blog. Or did they pay for your tix and VIP ?

If he'd been told he wouldn't be allowed back in' date=' I'm sure he wouldn't have bothered. However, he had made a commitment and was attempting to live up to it. [/quote']

I totally understand that, but we are talking about TWEETING versus SEEING Phish. I know he was trying to live up to his commitment which is very respectful and I know that he lived up to his commitment because I saw the Tweets coming out, which I now know where unfortunately coming from the parking lot. I thought he was in the show at the time.

I'm just wondering if they had bought his tickets for him.

btw.... I wonder if this is THE Robert Krueger??

I totally understand that, but we are talking about TWEETING versus SEEING Phish. I know he was trying to live up to his commitment which is very respectful and I know that he lived up to his commitment because I saw the Tweets coming out, which I now know where unfortunately coming from the parking lot. I thought he was in the show at the time.

I'm just wondering if they had bought his tickets for him.

Whether or not they paid for his tickets is entirely irrelevent--he had committed to providing this service (to a fantastic site that has a ton of people following it and whose followers enjoy it and have come to depend upon it as their link to the Phish shows) and was determined to do what he'd agreed to do.

His efforts were admirable and any suggestion that his actions should be derided because he "wasn't paying attention to/focussing on the music" are ludicrous. He is all about the music. Anyone that knows him will tell you that.

But he is also a guy who follows through and he was simply trying to do what he had committed to do. And would never have left the venue had he not been assured reentry.

So, while some people might have said, "Hey, I'm in the show, Phish is starting..fuck that blog thing I'm supposed to be doing.." he did not choose that route.

i had such a great time. the "buzzkill" songs, as Cully puts it, were still pretty damn good. loved the Brian and Robert.

Highlights for me were the Dinner and a Movie for pure nostalgia along with the Bowie>Bathtub and the Horse>Silent and Fluffhead...First Tube encore was a great way to end it. I agree with the fact that Trey was turned up a bit but thought that might just be that he was pretty into it and they just went with who was rockin that night, who knows. Super high energy show for me :)

I had a great time at this show and was reminded how much I enjoy seeing this band live. I was at the very back of the pavilion, slightly stage right, and liked the view and the dance space this location provided. I must have been fairly close to the person who shot the videos that are posted above. I thought the sound was good but do agree with others in thinking that at times Page could have been louder in the mix and Trey quieter.

Personal highlights included the Bowie and Gin from the first set, the Drowned to start set two and the Antelope > Greenburg > Fluffhead to end the second set. But I really did enjoy it all, as this was my first time seeing Phish in ages and they delivered!

I wish I could hit up the final couple of shows and/or fly out to see Phish for Halloween, but those aren't realistic options for me at this time. I've got my fingers crossed that this band continues to tour and play so well as I'd love to see them again at some point.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest
some edits and added comments