Jambands.ca

I Love Finally Meeting Personal Heroes

Dr_Evil_Mouse

It was very cool - talked to him a couple of times backstage, but the first took me too long to get into anything of any substance, and the second I got to pick his brain about a song of his that's been giving me a huge challenge to play. At the end of it, he thanked me (!) for learning it, and I thanked him for writing it. Plus, on top of it all, he'd played a killer set to close Saturday night, and then Sunday afternoon he played at a nice intimate workshop with Steven Page, Joel Plaskett, and Ana Miura at the Hill Stage.

Also, among many other very memorable moments, I got to (try to!) help That 1 Guy (of all people) figure out how to work a loaner amp at one point (his own gear had gone missing somewhere in the States for an awkward length of time). Of course, if he hadn't been able to work that out, I wasn't bound to be much help, but he was a great guy to chat up too.

What a weekend!

That's a great encounter. It's so nice to meet somebody like that and have it be such a positive experience (would suck if you caught them during a cranky moment ).

I met Cockburn once (when The Band played the Masonic Temple years ago) but didn't really get to talk with him. I can't wait to see him in November in Hamilton. Looks like it sold out (not hard considering it's only for 100 people) http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/252435/post/597696/#597696

fluffhead, i got to meet Lanois during those shows too (he was at the CBC). It was GREAT. Got to talk to him and he couldn't have been NICER! We primarily talked about the greatness of Blade ;)

Edited by Guest

Most of you probably don't know who these people are, but last night I met Joe Bouchard, Albert Bouchard, and Dennis Dunaway.

Just saw the listing for this - holy crap, how was it?

We tend to view rock stars as "larger-than-life", but when you meet them they're just regular folks, and usually shorter than I thought.

Awesome :) . They also seem to have less orange and blue in their complexion.

Most of you probably don't know who these people are, but last night I met Joe Bouchard, Albert Bouchard, and Dennis Dunaway.

We tend to view rock stars as "larger-than-life", but when you meet them they're just regular folks, and usually shorter than I thought.

Actually, from all of the shots I've seen of BOC (one of my favorite bands), they have seemed like seriously tiny people.