Jambands.ca

Come Together Festival May 21st-24th

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked out the Idlers website. They sound fantastic. Are they touring with the full 11-piece?

There were 9 of them on Tuesday night; plus a merch dude.

Did you notice on their website they have the CTMF show listed as "Frontier, Ontario"? That made me chuckle.

well the sisters euclid smoked! the new keyboard/accordion player was great. they played a really long set on sunday night, which included (not in order) tumbleweed tea, faith cola, southern man, helpless, lawyers guns and money, a cousin of martin scorsese. i can't believe i was too lazy to walk back the 100m to get my camera.

i also really enjoyed diesel dog in the saloon friday night, the dirk quinn band on sunday, and mark wilson on friday. the idlers were good but it didn't blow me away.

was so tired i couldn't make it to the saloon on sunday night!

the drive down from ottawa was lovely and so green and lush. i loved the festival site and camping area and the weather was really nice, cool and misty on saturday allowing for a little sleep/quiet time in the morning, and super hot on sunday. saturday night, there was a huge bonfire. everyboday had a campfire too and the Halfway camp peeps had their giant beer can flaming and other cool fiery designs.

i had a great time! but it was nice to come home to a shower and bed yesterday :)

Cool! Glad to hear you enjoyed your CTMF experience. It sure can be an exhausting one, but I always seem to have a great time there. Your musical highlights do not surprise me in the slightest! Good stuff. On a side note, odd that I still haven't met you.

Also glad to hear that the weather treated y'all kindly. We were about an hour or so further north and had fantastic weather!!

That was a GOOD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The highlight for me, was during Stumbleweed. The fire was RAGING outside, and pieces of hot ash were landing the roof of the saloon. They had 1 or two guys on the roof hosing down the building, while the saloon was full of people dancing and Sumbleweed were incredible!

That Train bus was also very very cool

Thank you Mark Wilson, mark Tonin

Edited by Guest

If you know Justin perhaps you know his campmates: Murray, Jerod, Joe, and Lee, all from Collingwood?

Nice people, I was very glad to be camp neighbors with them. You should get them on the message board!

Well Collingwood is a small town...we all know each other in one way or another...but they are some of my favourites.:)

Murray is joining right now..the others do not use computers often or at all.

Joe is the little brother of Bohdan, who did some awesome shots of Dave for envelope 3 stuff last year.