Jambands.ca

So how was your summer? What were your highlights?

Jay Funk Dawg

I had a great summer, it was quite incredible. Love to hear about the best parts of your summers!

Highlights:

Come Together & Midland House of David Gang Tour

Jose James w/ Elizabeth Shepherd

Montreal Jazz Fest (Elizabeth Shepherd & Taj Mahal)

Phish outside Rochester

On tour with Donnie Dumphy & Meateus Gib Rap Challenge (SJ, Freddy, Moncton, Charlottetown, Halifax, Port Hawkesbury, Antigonish)

Evolve Festival, Antigonish (Easy Star Allstars, Fred Penner, Maylee Todd, Skratch Bastid, Fort Knox Five - Jamming with Gratefully Deadicated)

Furthur in Buffalo

Algonquin Park Cottaging & Waterskiing

Shambhala Festival (Beardyman, ASkillz, OKA, Adham Shaihk, Five Alarm Funk)

Tour around Vancouver Island

Got Engaged in Tofino Rainforest

Watching Shooting Stars & Seeing Whales on Sunshine Coast

House of David Gang Festival Tour (Ottawa-Muskoka)

Playing with Richard Underhill, Chris Bottomley, Great Bob Scott & Samba Elegua at Pedestrian Sundays in Kensington Market to 500 people.

Cottaging in Algonquin Park again

SUMMER 2010 ROCKED!

As has become standard in my adult life, every summer gets better and better. This one started with CTMF and didn't let up until three weeks in the east coast brought me almost to Labour Day.

In between were many, many shows, lots of parties, the wonderful Bluesfest, and best of all, lots of time smooching my girlfriend.

By the way, Great Bob Scott is about my fave Canadian drummer. Tres cool.

Levon Helm Band and Friends at Mountain Jam

Bill Frisell at Jazz Fest

Flaming Lips/ Hold Steady/ Mohawk Lodge/ Old Crow Medicine Show at Bluesfest

Charlie Winston/ Frank Turner/ Pavement at Osheaga

Hoots and Hellmouth/ Brother Loves Travelling Side Show/ Jenny Whiteley/ Frank Turner/ Bruce Peninsula- Ottawa Folk Festival

All of those Days in Between!

My summer was just great, and I only took 5 vacation days!

highlights:

- my granny's 100th birthday party

- bbq-ing almost every night

- the weather (love the heat)

- concerts: Yes, Frampton, Phish, BOC, McCartney, and everything at Bluesfest.

- Wabafest

- relaxation time in the back yard

- cycling to work almost every day

- work was pretty good too!

- Season 7 of Entourage

i had a great summer. i love how hot and sunny it was all summer!

-CTMF esp. kevin breit

-Bluesfest, esp. Furthur & Lips

-lots of fun Phish shows...esp. hartford, spac, charlotte & atlanta

-seeing Sir Paul rip it up in montreal & the meteor shower that followed

-hanging on the back porch in the sunshine with my kitty cat

-getting smooched ;)

-NYC for a week with my mom, seeing all the sights and visiting family and friends

-superfun love & nero party

-the light show at parliament hill

-finally having perfect sunflower blooming in the garden after many getting stolen by squirrels all summer

I'll never get over walking out my backdoor, down the river and seeing Furthur-next time not so many brownies though....

Jamming w/Hux etc at the Carleton-nice to gig again and just down the street to boot...

Cottaging with the family; swimming with the kids, generally carrying on and playing guitar with the Elves all night long....

Yup. Summer full of all sorts of goodness for me too.

Started it off with singing at my first 'gig'. That was fun. Couldn't have asked for a better, friendlier crowd either.

Lots of baseball...still wish my season was rolling though

A pretty damn fun birthday jam party early in the summer....glad I made it.

Tottenham Bluegrass festival with the family. Would definitely do this again next summer. Amazing campfire jams. My son had a total blast, and the company was so solid. An affirming weekend for me for sure.

Levon. My first time seeing him. An honour for sure.

Lots of cottaging throughout the summer with familiy. Solitude. Distance. Running. Rest.

Camping with the kiddies.

Further Buffalo (thanks for twisting my arm Tonin, or letting me twist yours, or whatever...who cares and who were we kidding anyways. What an awesome kick-off to our 'tour')

All Good Festival. DEFINITE summer highlight. We'll be keeping a close watch on this fest for years to come. I could totally see this becoming an annual tradition for me. Further's second set knocked my socks off. Widespread tore my head off. Reaffirmed Railroad Earth as one of my 'newer' all-time favourite band. Cornmeal left me wanting more (in a good way)...and so much more. Nothing really dissapointed me...other than perhaps p-funk.

Tea Leaf Green (well really I was only in it for Cornmeal who didn't end up making it)...but it was a fun, messy night with some great folk nonetheless.

Bonfire jams out at our farm

Bob's bash. Fatties particularly rocked that night.

Patio gigs. Always nice when I can bring my wee man.

Come Together. I love how the 'scene' is full of determined troopers who would never let a little rain and cold dampen their spirits. Holy shit that night was balls-out fun. Wooo! Still recovering?

And another rootsy festival amongst close friends to close my summer down and put a lot of things into place for me.

Good thing October is shaping up nicely too musically or I'd be feeling pretty somber about now. And I love the fall anyways, so that helps me transition...

Nice thread.

My summer was all over the place. Actually, I’m glad to be able to sit now and reflect on it.

-When summer started I was living, working and playing in Boulder, Colorado. What a beautiful place to spend some time.

-Road tripping with my lady friend to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, before heading back home to see the family in Ottawa and Lake Placid

-OCMS and seeing an old friend every time I turned around at Bluesfest

-Spending several consecutive days, for the first time in years, at my family’s cottage. Some special memories at that place, for sure.

-Finally tackling the Ironman triathlon, and making it across the finish line mostly in tact.

-Driving, again with the lady, up to Yellowknife, where I capped off the summer by moving into a cozy little spot on a dirt road a block from the lake. We had a little bit of snow yesterday, so I guess that means that summer is done.

Not a bad three months, I don’t think. ;)

hmmm... nice thread, jay, and congratulations on your engagement!

levon helm at massey hall. best. show. ever.

jamland(s).

hillside.

leaving a bad job and working at home for a lot of the summer was pretty exciting but also sucky as most of the work that i got this summer was pretty rushed and we didn't get much vacation time. but it did mean that i really got to enjoy time spent close to home.

Jamland I

Chatham gang camping May 2-4

Tottenham Bluegrass (most sentiments expressed by edger)

Grateful Fest!

Queen's Bush Bluegrass

Ton's of campfire jamming and watching my pooch enjoy her first full summer

Phish Deer Creek/Alpine run

OCMS in Buffalo (favourite show of the summer)

Spicer Wedding

Pelee Island Camping

CTMF Sunday (so much fun)

Jamland II

Bruce Trail Hiking

Good Times!