Jambands.ca

Art-is-in Bakery at City Centre (Ott.)

bradm

If I win the lottery boys we will do a modern take on the merry pranksters travelling cross country. Booze, sandwiches, baseball and Charlie Sheen blasting from the rooftop loudspeakers whenever the sun is up. We'll decorate the bus in Gelaskins.

Winning.

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what? You've got to be fucking kidding me, Booche. Shitway is everything that's wrong with the modern sandwich. The sterilized, watery veg, the lack of choice, the homogenously shitty flavour and its usually FUCKING BRUTAL PRICE are all reasons the people that run that hell hole should crawl in a hole and die.

I like dirienzo's. It's not the best sandwich I've ever had, but they're pretty damn good. A damn site better than the FUCKING AWFUL subway.

Trying to find anything these days for that price that not only tastes awesome but is a good size too, is a struggle.

what? You've got to be fuÇking kidding me, Booche. Shitway is everything that's wrong with the modern sandwich. The sterilized, watery veg, the lack of choice, the homogenously shitty flavour and its usually fuÇking BRUTAL PRICE are all reasons the people that run that hell hole should crawl in a hole and die.

I completely agree with you but you missed the point I was trying to make. The standard DiRienzo's deli meat sandwich, that is now 5 bucks, is pretty much the same thing you'll get at Subway.

what? You've got to be fuÇking kidding me' date=' Booche. Shitway is everything that's wrong with the modern sandwich. The sterilized, watery veg, the lack of choice, the homogenously shitty flavour and its usually fuÇking BRUTAL PRICE are all reasons the people that run that hell hole should crawl in a hole and die.[/quote']

I completely agree with you but you missed the point I was trying to make. The standard DiRienzo's deli meat sandwich, that is now 5 bucks, is pretty much the same thing you'll get at Subway.

Except the part where it tastes bad.

The scoreboard doesnt lie. Ummm, winning! From their website:

VEGETABLES

BANANA PEPPERS Banana Peppers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate (preservative), sodium metabisulfite (preservative), yellow #5, natural flavors, polysorbate 80.

CUCUMBERS Fresh ripe cucumbers

GREEN PEPPERS Fresh green bell peppers

JALAPEÑO PEPPER SLICES Jalapeno peppers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, natural flavorings, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate (preservative) natural flavors, polysorbate 80, FD &C Yellow #5.

PICKLES Cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate as a preservative, natural flavors, Polysorbate 80 and Yellow #5.

LETTUCE Fresh iceberg variety

OLIVES Ripe olives, water, salt, ferrous gluconate

ONIONS Jumbo red onions

TOMATOES Fresh red ripe tomatoes

Di Rienzo's is still holds the crown in my opinion.

Art-is-in may have a better sammy, but Di Rienzo's wins for price, variety, location, and service.

really? The last time I was at art-is-in, the owner overheard me talking up the Kougloff's so he put one in a bag and said, here, have one on me with your coffee tomorrow.

Variety, changes weekly, all the food is home made and the location is actually closer to us from work.

Location: Anytime the local media does a survey of Ottawa's eyesores, the City Centre building consistently ranks at the top of the list. It's an industrial wasteland. DiRienzo's is across the street from a park.

Variety: DiRienzo's sells rolling papers and other grocery items. That's one-stop shopping!

Service: DiRienzo's gave us free t-shirts a few years ago.

a few months ago fluffhead & i were in dirienzo's, and there was a little metal can on the rack that's behind you when you're standing near the cash - the label had disappeared, and on the metal was written:

"Mystery Can? $2"

in black marker. i've still got a picture of that in my phone.

awesome.