Guest Low Roller

Set 1:

Jazz Wank >

McBain

Punchline >

Crab Eyes >

Chemistry

[credit: Phantasy Tour]

(Please play Kids today or in Burlington... Please play Kids today or in Burlington...)

Made it for the second set. (not in order) Opium, Happy Hero Hour, Seat of my pants, Dark Star Tease, Freebird Tease, Mexico and they encored with Rebubula. Amazing, hard show, great Rebubula.

Heard in the first set they played Understand, and ended the first set with Meat.

What did everyone think? One of the bests sets I have seen in a while.

My ears are still ringing.

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Does anybody have nero's set list?

Aloha,

Brad

For that marry comment the other day.

[Wink]

Darius >

The Wheel >

401 >

The Wheel

Tonoto's Underwater Pardadise

Speed Queen >

Holetown Charlie >

401 >

Condor

Cosmic Charlie Tease > Oregano Mice > Centregnome > Run Like Hell > Zendonk

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

Originally posted by bradm:

[qb]Darius >

The Wheel >

401 >

The Wheel

Tonoto's Underwater Pardadise

Speed Queen >

Holetown Charlie >

401 >

Condor

Cosmic Charlie Tease > Oregano Mice > Centregnome > Run Like Hell > Zendonk

Oh come on, I was only there for half the set and I don't know nero song titles that well, but I know that ain't even close Esau... crazy Hammerheads, whatyagonnado?

I do know they ended with "Lemondust", other than that I'm not really sure. I can say the kicked the crap out of everything, probably the most aggressive I've seen nero play - nice work boys! [big Grin]

Fun night, although I had to blow out after the first moe. set. I did enjoy moe., but honestly I wasn't in the mood to get into some of the longer trance-y jams last night. I've never seen moe. before, but the impression I have from shows I've heard is that that was a less "rocking" set then they often play, especially after nero's kick-off - any comments on this from the bigger moe.heads here?

Otherwise it was a good time, if I was less tired I probably would have enjoyed it more and I'd certainly pay to see moe. again.

Peace,

Mr. M.

so, i lost my nero/moe. live virginity last night, and boy was it ever a blast! i can definitely see what all the hype is about, i was extremely impressed with both bands.

not sure at all what you nero-naysayers are talking about, i happen to like my pedals wanked, thank you! very solid band, they create a bigger sound with 3 people than many bands can with 5. the energy they give off is amazing, contagious fun for sure. and after having the pleasure meeting the nero boys, i gotta say their personalities seem as great as their music. i'm really looking forward to seeing them around these parts on the 28th.

moe. really impressed me also, they took the energy nero created and took it to a whole new level. even from stage they seem like pretty down to earth guys. these two bands really compliment each other, and i'd love to see both again. throw in some wassabi & that'd be a dream team lineup for sure.

true to the rumours the security at the phoenix were rather dicky, but the general awesomeness of the crowd made up for. everybody there was obviously having a ton of fun. in addition to getting to meet/see a bunch of skanky jambanders (always a pleasure!) friendly strangers were in full force.

all in all a great night.

Okay I'm a sissypants, had to make the call to skip this for mental health reasons- probably one of the first times I've made a 'smart' decision to miss a show. Don't get me wrong everything about this show appealed to me I just couldn't afford the fallout over another midweek show. But I need more dirt. What went down? Was it underattended or just right? Were the braless wonders out in full force?

Yeh, I agree it certainly wasn't under-attended - I was actually amazed and pleased for nero at how many people were already there by the time I got there just before 8.

Trevor, yeh I figured it would pick up after I left but I was just too bagged. I'm sure I'll catch moe. again sometime, I certainly didn't dislike what I heard but it just wasn't clicking with my mood last night. BTW I saw you across the room but couldn't get over to say hi as you were on the other side of the "drinking wall".

- M.

I hooked up with PhishStick and my friend Meg and drove the Buick into town just in time for moe. to take the stage. For some reason at first I was skeptical but by and large the last song of the first set (MEAT) friggin BLEW ME AWAY!!!! There was a loong (15 min??) jam that was dark, spacey, heavily percussive and wouldn't end and I was loving every minute of it! I haven't headbanged like that for a while. It was completely balls-out music, taking chances. How about that xylophone (sp) playing too eh?! That song was by far the highlight of the show for me, made it all worthwhile. 2nd set had some awesome moments for sure but it was more of what I would normally expect from moe. - tight playing and some crazy peaks but that sound that I have already become familiar with. Whereas in MEAT it was intense and new to me. The Rebubula encore tapped into this energy towards the end. That's my two cents!

The crowd was big and tons of familiar faces.. Half the Sanctuary must've been there! Had some good, quick hellos with many of you. I actually thought the security would be way worse. The check going in was pretty thorough but inside people were smoking doobs openly without much hassle.

It was really strange walking by the merch booth on the way out and seeing that you could buy the official release of the show that you just saw, packaged and all. Weird eh?? The multitude of Coca Cola logos I saw last night makes me cringe. But not to end on a sour note, it was a damn good show! [big Grin]

always great to see nero... the mix sounded a little muddy to me but the playin was rockin

first moe show and all I can say is man, those guys sure love to jam... totally impressed, big show

good to see the lack of hassles inside the club towards those partaking of the herb, I thought it would be stricter

lots of fine, friendly faces in the crowd

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

I've never seen moe. before, but the impression I have from shows I've heard is that that was a less "rocking" set then they often play,[/QB]

Man it's really too bad you missed the second set. In comparison, the first set was a sunday afternoon warm-up. The 2nd set rocked hard, although there were lots of real long jams, they played long and hard. Man those guys just don't like to stop!

wicked show, thanks to bones for the ticket [big Grin]

the first set just kicked my ass but left me feeling victorious at the end. the seccond set was great but i passed out about a half an hour in. i was out for a bit, but got back in as fast as i could. moe rock, i cant wait to see them again.

quote:

wicked show, thanks to bones for the ticket

glad to hear you made it down phish stick

i looked for you between nero & moe., but I guess you hadn't arrived yet.

i did get to meet KevO though, and believe i saw Down Town upstairs??? at one point.

Nero and Moe. both put on a great night of music.

My old bones were sure sore by the end of the night though...sucks to get old [Frown] I can't take the all night standing/dancing anymore, it was a shame i was too bagged to get up and dance for Rebubula [Frown] but it ROCKED my ass none the less.

Chris and the bassist from moe., are both fucking smokin' players...both had me smiling big [big Grin]

always good to run into phunkyb, basher and cyberhippie [Cool]

Moe. punished the audience with intense jams for two and a half plus hours. I enjoyed the show, albeit I'm not really a fan of Moe's trancier songs.

nero has evolved since I saw them last ( I saw them in June in Toronto ).

This was the most impressive nero I've seen. It has everything to do with their heavier progressive rock and aggressive sound. I can't put my finger on it, but the Punk may be the key. nero always rocked when Shane was in the band, but now with the Punk in the fold, nero ROCKS.

The band sounds so much more confident and cohesive. I'm excited about their future musical explorations. Man, these boys are doing things their own way and are succeeding.

Archived