Jambands.ca

Bye Bye Bin Laden

badams

I think he might be saying that he would prefer if people didn't take joy in murder' date=' even when they don't like the guy who got killed.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.[/quote']

agreed thorg. maybe i would feel a tiny bit differently if i lived in NYC, but i really don't know. killing is killing. someone posted a fitting MLK jr quote on FB yesterday... i'll find it.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Jones is having a field day with this whole thing.. obviously calling it a hoax.

I'd like to believe some of the things Alex says, because he does come off as someone quite knowledgeable, however I read on his website that he considers global warming to also be a hoax... that alone makes me very skeptic of his point of view. I would however like to see more pictures and proof that it was indeed Bin

Alex Jones is having a field day with this whole thing.. obviously calling it a hoax.

I don't know about a hoax. I suspect he's dead, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bin Laden hadn't died a while back, perhaps when the first rumors started circulating about him having a heart attack or whatever it was, and now the USA is spinning it as if they got him in a firefight. This gives the US Gov't a perfect window to pull troops out of the never-ending mess in the mid-east in seemingly good conscience and standing with it's citizens.

I can see it now...

"Mission accomplished! Bin Laden is dead, now it's time to bring your sons and daughters home"

Re-election locked.

I was tempted to vote Green. I voted NDP. I wouldn't use the word rejoicing to describe how I feel about Bin Ladens death. Though I am, undoubtably glad that he is dead. My good childhood friends were blown up on Air India so maybe my perspective is different than those who feel that people shouldnt be glad he is dead. I don't know realy. It sure is complicated, thats for certain.I don't believe in Capital punishment as a law so my feelings are contadictory to that belief. Also my thoughts on Crime and Punishment certainly don't mesh with the curent system. Still I don't wrestle with my morals while feeling glad Bin Laden is dead. I am glad Bin Laden is dead. I would never vote conservative. I guess Bin Ladens death means Obama will be re-elected. I'm glad about that too.

Have you considered the idea that Bin Laden was done a favour,a leniency by being quickly killid and spared the horrendous punishment of being place within the U.S. prison system? What would you suggest have been done with him?

I am fully aware btw of the United States partial role in the creating of this lunitics path through thier usery and eventual abandonment of him during and after the Soviet war.I certainly do not blame the U.S entirely about that though.

Alllso..considering what we all know well would have been Bin Ladens fate had he been brought to court and sentenced to life in the U.S. prison system...considerrrring that...one could argue that anyone who applauded such an outcome was in fact crueler for insisting upon this route soley for thier own ideological beliefs and refusal to see a broader picture...just a thought after bowl...

"List of ongoing military conflictsFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Major wars, 1,000+ deaths per year

Other conflictsFor recent conflicts that are no longer significantly ongoing, see List of wars 2003–2010 and List of wars 2011-present.

The following is a list of ongoing military conflicts that are taking place around the world and which continue to result in violent deaths. This list is for the sole purpose of identifying present-day conflicts and the death toll associated with each conflict.

Fatality figures include both civilian and military deaths. Military conflicts which no longer produce violent deaths are not listed here, but can be found in the historical list of wars and the list of wars extended by diplomatic irregularity.

Contents [hide]

1 1,000+ deaths per year

2 Other conflicts

3 See also

4 References

5 External links

1,000+ deaths per yearConflicts in the following list are currently causing at least 1,000 violent deaths per year, a categorization used by the Uppsala Conflict Data Program[1] and recognised by the United Nations.[2][3] The UN also use the term "low intensity conflict", which can overlap with the 1,000 violent deaths per year categorization.[4]

Start of conflict War/conflict Location Cumulative fatalities

1967 Naxalite-Maoist insurgency India 10,500+ (1,174+ in 2010)[5]

1978 Afghan civil war Afghanistan 600,000–2,000,000 (10,461+ in 2010[6])

1991 Somali Civil War Somalia 300,000[7] –400,000[8] (3,000+ in 2010)

2003 Iraq War Iraq 99,328–108,514[9] (4,000+ in 2010)

2004 War in North-West Pakistan Pakistan 30,452[10] (5,000+ in 2010)

2004 Shi’ite Insurgency in Yemen Yemen 12,833–16,439[11][12][13]

2006 Mexican Drug War Mexico 36,226+[14] (15,273 in 2010 [15])

2009 Sudanese nomadic conflicts Sudan 2,000–2,500[16]

2011 Libyan civil war Libya 2,500–10,500+[17][18]

Other conflictsThere are many other smaller-scale armed conflicts that are currently causing a smaller number of violent fatalities each year.

Start of conflict War/conflict Location Cumulative fatalities

1948[19][20] Korean Conflict North Korea and South Korea 2,000,000

1948 Internal conflict in Burma Burma ~121,000

1947 Arab–Israeli conflict Israel and Various Arab states (changed over time). 120,000+[21]

1964 Colombian Armed Conflict Colombia 50,000–200,000 [22]

1964 Insurgency in Northeast India India ~25,000[23]

1969[24] Insurgency in the Philippines[25] Philippines ~120,000[26]

1978 Turkey–Kurdistan Workers' Party conflict Turkey, Iraq 45,000–[27] 100,000[28][29][30]

1987 Lord's Resistance Army insurgency Uganda, Sudan, DR Congo and Central African Republic ~12,000

1989 Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir India ~68,000[31]

1990 Casamance Conflict Senegal ~1,000

2002 Insurgency in the Maghreb Algeria, Mali, Mauritania and Morocco 6,000+

2004 Conflict in the Niger Delta Nigeria 4,000–5,000[32]

2004 Balochistan conflict Iran and Pakistan 2,500+

2004 Iran–Party for a Free Life in Kurdistan conflict Iran 150–300

2004 South Thailand insurgency Thailand ~4,100

2005 Fourth Civil War of Chad Chad 1,140+

2008 Cambodian–Thai border stand-off Cambodia and Thailand 40–200+

2009 Insurgency in the North Caucasus Russia 1,110+

2009 South Yemen insurgency Yemen 180+

2010 Yemeni al-Qaeda crackdown Yemen 510+"

TI don't think loving, good vibes are going to save the world from brutality or rather I don't believe enough people could believe that loving, good thoughts is the way to go, to save the world from brutality. There's nice fantasy and there is the reality of human nature. I am sure that as this place heats up..shhhit is gunna get ugly.

I think he might be saying that he would prefer if people didn't take joy in murder' date=' even when they don't like the guy who got killed.

agreed thorg. maybe i would feel a tiny bit differently if i lived in NYC, but i really don't know. killing is killing. someone posted a fitting MLK jr quote on FB yesterday... i'll find it.

Curious here..if 'killing is killing', would you say that the 40 or so assination attempts on Hitler were bad too? ..I should go read some books probably..

Lots of people want lots of other people dead for lots of reasons. Geography, culture, and a myriad of other factors make it easier to know who is right and who is wrong.

"The US Senate's Church Committee of 1975 stated that it had confirmed at least eight separate CIA run plots to assassinate [Fidel] Castro.[23] Fabian Escalante, who was long tasked with protecting the life of Castro, contends that there have been 638 separate CIA assassination schemes or attempts on Castro's life.[21]."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Project

"On 14 February 1989, a fatwÄ requiring [salman] Rushdie's execution was proclaimed on Radio Tehran by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the spiritual leader of Iran at the time..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie

"[Che] Guevara left Cuba in 1965 to foment revolution abroad, first unsuccessfully in Congo-Kinshasa and later in Bolivia, where he was captured by CIA-assisted Bolivian forces and executed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara\

Allow me to state that my intention is not to compare Osama to any of the above people, just other instances off the top of my head where major entities seek the eliminiation of certain individuals.

I'd feel the world were a better place with a number of people dead and gone. Off the top of my head I'd cheer at the news of Kim Jong-il death..cheering is a wild understatement to how I'd react to that news and I'd also raise a glass if I heard Gaddafi had been shot in the head. Given some time I could come up with a long list I'm sure.

Unfortunately, Kim Jong-Il's death would just put his son into the president's chair, and the first thing he would probably do would be something aggressive, just to show everyone that he can't be pushed around and that he is in charge. But I get what you're saying.

Personally I dont find it all that odd albeit a bit unprofessional. Call it the human condition of Western living if you will. Events transpired quickly, halfway around the world I might add, details were given out before confirmation about said details and now folks are having to say they mispoke before getting the facts straight. Happens every day in every corner of our lives.

Curious here..if 'killing is killing', would you say that the 40 or so assination attempts on Hitler were bad too? ..I should go read some books probably..

that's a thinker for sure. i guess i don't see how killing him would have necessarily solved anything, i.e. if you could toss him in jail instead, send him to trial, i think that's a better alternative.