Jambands.ca

Why does Jamhub suck?

kung

Things are starting to get a little heated over on the 'hug so I thought I'd start pissing on the campfire. My question is a version of this thread but you know more inflammatory. More specifically why does the dialogue on their message board suck and why does it oscillate between sucking and not sucking over here? While we're at it why, you know if this 'scene' is all about support and what not, is their this rivalry between sites and sometimes questionable 'business' decisions based on something other than altruism?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cause all those nice easterners don't like to be rude.

us ontarians just tell people we're sorry and get on with our day so we don't mind sturring shit up (you know all about that don't you kung?)

and for the record...i like lobster too.

this site is very much a message board with some cool extra perks to me. the hub is more a jamband site with a neat messageboard

regarding the rivalry, you're right - this scene is very much about helping, but the people that end up helping in this scene help A LOT more than the average show goer so the scene becomes a big part of their outlook. I'm sure the whore feels like a part of a family more than some kid that likes to just go see nero whenever they play their town, so anyting that could be seen as contrary to their vision or design could be bad news for said vision or design, thus making the helping soul take things slightly more personally than some loudmouth that likes to stir shit up on the board. keep in mind loudmouth is not a bad term - most people just prefer quiet. i don't care either way unless it's too extreme for the atmosphere. Maybe loudmouth's wrong. you didn't use all caps...i guess opinionated is a better term, and that just shows that you stand up for what you're talking about.

so stand up and say it loud...'i'm a skank and i'm proud'

or not...because the cavern's got its bad days too...

...i'm content with these boards...but it's rare that i'm feeling an air of discontent with THIS board enough to post over on the hub.

sure we post stupid rhetoric every 5 minutes but we seem to have more fun over here. the hub seems very serious...reminds me of the difference between a highschool student and a college student...we're a bit more laid back and they're still trying to make a move on the homecoming queen.

sure there are still some really cool highschool kids kickin around, but when you have to stress about whether or not you've got a note from mommy, you're dealing with issues that are just taken way too seriously. the hub is very determined it seems...

...determined to do what? who knows? talk about lobster? maybe - and they're good at doing that. it's spilled over here ALREADY!

if only WE had the McLobster...

Guest Low Roller

If the nero archivist is Bradm, then that poor dude will never get his masters back. [Wink]

Kung, what the hell do you want us to say? "Jamhub sucks! Jambands rule! Whooo! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Yeah!"

The way I see it, there is room for both sites, and I would even venture to say that there is room for more.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

The way I see it, there is room for both sites, and I would even venture to say that there is room for more.

Here here! Thumbs up to that.

I would just like to see all the energy & time spent crying that goes into complaining about what site is better,which site is worse,who copied who,who is this,who is that,be used in a more constructive way.

Maybe a bake off or a soap box derby race could decide which site is better. -

Lets face it we're beating a dead horse. [Roll Eyes]

I love the proud loyalties Luke is showing! Are you wearing your jambands.ca (i'm a skank) girlie-t? lipstick on? hair in pigtails? eye shadow? hahahaha. that makes no sense, but it made me laugh. This board certainly holds a special spot for the good hearted cynic, and so do i. thanks for being part of it all luke. seriously.

I think the discussion boards of both sites are definitley different, because each one is (mostly) based in a different place with different bands and different aged people, other different factors and such. key word? the one i repeated 5 times- different. both sites do different things with the same goal- establishing and maintining a large flourishing scene across the nation. Both sites are the same in that they are here to rally support, and get people with related interests in touch with each other. There should always be room for more content on the net, just like there is always room for more bands and more music.

I post on both sites. and I am the Mclobster (mcHOmard)..

long live coxsackie [smile]

I think this sums it up best!

-

Wow, I'm impressed. Kung started a shitfire and no one spread the shitflames. Way to have a mind of your own people! The Skank is growing up so fast [Wink] We can argue about which is the better site till the cows come home, but one thing we all can agree on, both sites are way better than that old peice of shit, northernheads.com...I mean what the hell was that? [Wink]

Taste the waste. Taste the waste.

As a side note even I take a bit of offense at the 'retarded' pic. I am the worst for using that expression with too much frequency.

Well at least got a bit of insight into our 'differences'. Jamhuggers are high school aged simple eastern fucks and we're entitled Upper Canadians. Right, right, that's the point right?

And what does that mean Esau 'putting the cart before the horse while whipping and biting it'?

quote:

Originally posted by kung:

And what does that mean Esau 'putting the cart before the horse while whipping and biting it'?

Beating a dead horse.I edited it for ya's.

And ya,that pic is a bit insulting,especially to one member I know,glad she's in another country right now and can't access this,it hits close to home for her.But what do I know.

Kung checked his tampax, saw it was bloody red, and decided that it was the "scene status" time of the month.

As for Jamhub, it looks all dressed up with nowhere to go. Except the way of the Cod fishery. Jambands is growing, thriving and feeding off the idiocy that occupies it. Hundreds of us knobs chime in every day and make stupid claims about terrible bands...but hey, it's still hundreds of us so that's nice.

Gentlemonkey...give me my Data Cable hat or Dave's effects rack gets a visit from Sister Sledge.

I think an active message board would be the one thing I would want if I was putting a music website together.

Circulating news and info is a great service, but the scene is so small there is very little that is missed by anyone, word of mouth pretty much takes care of that, and a message board provides a space for that anyways.

And this board is not just a board, it breathes, it's alive - it's unbelievable how many great people I've met because of this site in the last couple years. Actually bringing like-minded freaks together who follow a small musical scene is the best way to "grow the scene" in my opinion, just look at the skank group photo, it about tripled in one year, that may not be a scientific measure of a site's success, but to me, that's the meat of the matter....bringing people together!!!!

Who cares if there's a million jamband websites, give'r - it can only help....but to slam a site for frivolous fun and just general jackassery among friends is just unneeded negativity that is just lame....life is too short for that crap!

Archived