Jambands.ca

Ottawa tragedy

Velvet

Our house burnt down last night. Howler and Sloth got out okay, I think they're at the hospital - they should be fine, shock, some smoke inhalation. Me and my cat got out okay; I'm at a friends place.

Tragically, I don't think they're dog Wilson got out.

Their place seems 100% destroyed, my place apparently sustained some heavy damage, only the two apartments in the building.

Just thought our friends would want to know we're okay.

Thanks in advance for all your well wishes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG guys,

All our love and kindest vibes go out to you from here... Bob, Lisa, Christina and Steve...

If there is any way we can help just ask... in know its hard being far away but maybe we can set up some sort of paypal account to help out with donations for our good friends...

keep us posted Todd and its so good to hear that Sloth and Howler are OK... stay positive...

What a horrible thing.

My thoughts are with all of you.

I would like to help you three out. I'm going to get some stuff together - clothes, food and other good stuff to help out -

Velvet, is there anything in particular you can think of that is needed? will you post an address that I can send stuff off to - or give me a call if you like (705 748 0310)

much love to you, Todd, Julia and Dave.

Apparently the Ottawa Citizen might be running a story on this. Can someone please tell us what kind of a dog Wilson is? Lab/Sheppard mix? 2 years old? Any spots on him anywhere? Pictures? Once we get some info together we'll call the Citizen and get them to focus the story on Wilson

Archived