Jambands.ca

Ottawa tragedy

Velvet

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todd, I'm so sorry to hear about this shit happening to your guys. I wish I was there to lend a hand.

Email me at blane.harvey@unitar.org if you're talking to dave and julia. I literally have an entire apartment of furniture, stereo, etc. that they can help themselves to in storage right now. It's all in montreal, but if they need a bed, dresser, cd collection and all the rest, they can borrow mine till they're on their feet again.

Tell dave or julia to email me if they want and I'll work out a way to get them the key.

soooooooooooooooo glad everyone (including wilson!) is okay! love & good vibes to all three of you. is there still anything specific y'all need (socks? toothbrushes? underwear? mittens?), or is anything & everything still required? is there a bank account anywhere we can send donations to? if y'all wanna come down here i'll roll out the red carpet & all of you (incl. wilson) can kick it up in the palace for as long as you need! [smile]

i'm going to see what i have around here to send (thorgny, you're welcome to put your stuff with it), in the meantime could someone please either post or message me julia's last name? i don't know that the bank will accept a cheque made out to howler or just julia. [smile]

my thoughts are with you guys! here's to a speedy slothy recovery, i know you guys will be back on your feet in no time. and todd if there's anything you need too, please don't be shy to let us know.

I love you guys so much and was absolutely sick yesterday thinking about all you have to go through. I hope you got the bag of gitches I sent over.

Put me down also for sheets, blankets, silverware, plates, kitchen stuff, hangers.... I won't bother you with this stuff until you have a place to put it though. Just say the word.

Please don't forget that Bouche has set up a Paypal account to raise funds for them. For those of you who are far away and want to help, this is a great way to do that. Much appreciated I am sure.

Thinking of you.

I am soo sorry to hear about this!!

I’m just glad all of you (including pets) excaped unscathed…

(((Sloth’s Beard))))

Please feel free to have someone post lists of anything you may need that hasn’t been considered already—I have no doubt that this community can come up with whatever you may need pretty damn fast!

So, the next obvious question is: When's the Benefit Show?

This is just horrible news. Of course the most important thing is that everyone is safe. Dave and Julia have been nice enough to take me in when I visit Ottawa, and I wish I could return the favour. I am sending all the positive vibes I can muster, and if you need ANYTHING at all please let me know.

I hope to speak to you guys soon.

Love,

Brian

Hey..

A few more things I know they'd really appreciate... books and art supplies. They had an awesome library and Julia's an artist.. If you need any more details on what kind of books, authors or what kind of art supplies Crystal (catphish) would be able to find out for you.

xo L

Guys,

After all that you do for everyone, how can I help?

It sounds as though clothes, and some tunes are taken care of. I intend on filing a Paypal donation later on today.

Velvet if you need me to get anything from your parents in Moncton let me know ASAP (506) 854 7390.

Best of luck, I know this sucks but we'll all help you get through this.

Just ask,

tseantaylor@canoemail.com

Peace

Sean

Do they all (Sloth, Julia, Velvet) have winter coats, boots, hats, mittens???????

Velvet - does Studabaker need anything? If the salvagable things in your apartment can be cleaned up, I can help you out with that....and we have 10 washing machines in our building so I can your laundry done in no time.

Archived