Jambands.ca

Ottawa tragedy

Velvet

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much people. I'm so happy Wilson is okay.

People are asking for an address to send stuff and I don't have one. Could someone (Dave and Crystal?) offer up their address to recieve these packages.

If you're sending stuff, send stuff for Dave and Julia. I think most of my stuff might be salvagable - I'll find out maybe tomorrow. They have nothing, repeat, nothing, as their place was gutted.

My tearful thanks to all of you for everything.

shit, thats really sucks, i'm glad your all ok. i have tons of old clothes i was going to take to good wil tommorow.. how big are thes guys? i'm like 5'8 170 punds if my stuff will fit them then i'll send it off, what other stuff do they need, cause my grandma just died and i have a whole house of stuff in my baement. maybesomeone cold arrange for prople to drop stuff of in there towns then we could send it all to ottawa. like if anyone from toronto has stuff they want to dnate they could bring it by my house and then we could send all the stuff together

I couldn't believe my ears this morning upon hearing this.

Sharon and I were so happy to see Wilson's snow-covered nose today. We brought our last milk bone (normally for the neighbour's dog) and were SO glad to watch Wilson go to town on it.

We dropped off some jeans, tees, a winter jacket, a pack of new socks and gitches for them. I'm sure we could have a list of "needs" items setup online here to help in consolidating everyone's efforts. After the list is complete that Crystal has, I'll start up a thread for that.

As well, I have a paypal account setup that I'll shortly have a donation link for and hopefully we can all help out with it.

Dave, Julia, and Todd are 3 of the greatest people I know and they are so blessed to have such a great load of friends.

bouche how big are there dudes, i'm a small guy but i have a ton of stuff we were going to fed x tonight,, what sizes should i be looking for? i have a pile of old jackets and stuuf, just let me know so i can stuck it in the box

, and try and find out if they needd stuff like blankets, or appliances,, i have a poile of toasters and stuff like that, just let me know

you guys loose your radio? i threw some shows in the box, andf i have a few extra cd players kicking around if your got melted, what are your favorite bands? everyoine at pure hemp and the cannabis company are all going threw there houses as we speak, so don't fell bad to ask for any thing you guys want

do you need slepping bags and shit, or are you ok for sleeping arrangments

Very sorry to hear this has happened. [Frown]

Glad to hear everybody is ok,my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. -

Also,anything off my music list you need just say,I got tons of blanks,just let me know whats required and I will start burning tomorrow night (gotta empty my HD first) Just email me with a list of the shows,no amount too big.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/esau

Greg - ibex73@hotmail.com

Bouche,

Is there a way I could send some money without using paypal? Sorry but I am not trusting of doin any type of money transaction online.

I've almost cried several times today - when I saw how many people were out to look for Wilson, when Wilson got found, and reading this thread. You are a pile of princes and princesses.

My immediate needs are met - luckily my good friends have a vacant furnished apartment they were trying to rent - I'm all set here. I'm remaining hopeful that lots of my stuff will be recoverable.

Think about what you used today and that's what Dave and Julia will need. Julia is slim, about 5' 8", Dave is also slim, about 5' 11' or so?

Thanks again everybody - it's good to have community in times of crises.

Today brought out so many emotions in me. Shock at this mornings phone call, sadness for dave and julia and todd, amazement at how many people got out and helped, utter delight to see Wilson under arrest in the back of the police car... and then moments of pain when I thought of all that Dave and Julia have lost.

But they have their lives and their dog... and Todd has Studebaker and his guitar and all that really matters still exists. Today surely put everything in perspective for each of us.

I am truely amazed ottawa folks at the true friendships you have. They are a rare and beautiful thing. When we got todds phone call this morning, our first response was a stunned 'oh my god, what can we do?' it had to be something...evidently that was what everyone thought... for i've never seen a group of people come together for friends like today.

i feel priviledged to have witnessed that. Todd, Dave and Julia how loved you are. And everyone else how awesome you are...what splendid human beings.

It is evident from this moment on that in dealing with this situaion, dave, julia you are not alone and everyone will help in whatever way they can. Its a privilege to be able to help such wonderful individuals.

Love Lara

Archived