Jambands.ca

Top 5 Bands That Should Play Toronto

Weirdness

Granted, we'd all like to see the good shit come to Guelph, K/W, Chatam, Ottawa, Oshawa, Peterborough etc., but let's face it-TO's got the draw. Of course, if you're going to come to Toronto, may as well stop in Montreal too!

Here are my top 5 bands who would fit nicely into a Club/Theatre type setting and should definitely come see us more often, or at all!!!

1-Steve Kimock Band

2-Yonder Mountain String Band

3-Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

4-Garaj Mahal

5-Donna The Buffalo

**Please note, bands that already come on average once a year have been omitted(Bela Fleck, MMW, Mule,The Slip etc.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I DEFINITELY agree that Karl should come back up but I'd rather see him play the Jazzfest one year as opposed to Lee's Palace. The Buffalo NEEDS to make a debut up here sometime soon, unfortunately I don't think they would draw the crowd they deserve. Here's my list:

1. Drive-By Truckers!!!

2. MMW (outside of the Jazzfest I'm sick of the old snooty crowd that complains about us being at their shows)

3. Warren Haynes acoustic

4. Widesperad MUTHAFUCKIN' Panic

5. Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons

It would also be nice to see return visits from Galactic, Soulive, Robert Walters' 20th Congress, Burning Spear and Gov't Mule!

So many bands... At the moment (in no particular order):

1.The Slip

2.Tratchenburg Family Slideshow Players

3.nero (not nearly enough T.O. dates)

4.Steve Kimock Band

5.Del McCoury Band

Also: raq, Dr. Didg, Chick Corea, Remember Shakti, Benevento/Russo, Wassabi Collective, Ravi Shankar, Grand Theft Bus, Garaj Mahal, Sam Bush Band, Phish, John Scofield Band, Smokin' Grass and a whole bunch of other bands. So much good music out there...

Archived